water pump leak

-

mean318

Reaction score
Well this is what I have, a High flow Mopar Performance water pump and every since I put it on I have had a small water leak. At first it looked like it was the hose so I would continuously tighten the clamp on it, then when I had it on the lift the other day I realized that it was coming from right where the outlet is but on the pump to timing cover area. I then saw that a bolt from the timing cover was actually contacting the outlet right above the hose. I have repeatedly tightened the water pump housing bolts to no avail. I am thinking that the bolt is not letting the pump get tight enough on the sealing surface. Has anybody had this problem before? BTW I have all the bolt threads sealed with sealant just to let you know.

Thanks, I think it probably is by now, but the timing chain cover bolt is still contacting the outlet. I am wondering if anybody has had this problem and how did they fix it.

hello, just last week i fitted a new ali pump/housing to my 440ci,put new stainless bolts to hold pump to housing and it leaked thro the bolts,drained down, dried out, bolts refitted with sealant,seems to have sorted.

Well I found the problem, my dumb arsch had an extra washer under the bolt head and caused the head to protrude to the water pump. So I removed the water pump removed the extra washer and resealed and put everything back together. So now I am ready to drive 150 miles to the track next weekend to hopefully knock on some 12 sec runs!

-
Back