water transpher printing

-

DUSTPAN340

Reaction score
seen a few vids on water transpher printing...this is where you dip your part into water with a a like decal and the parts comes out covered...does anyone here knopw of anyone that does this process I have a few parts for the Duster that I want to look like carbon fiber...

thanks wayne

Sounds interesting, never heard of it. This is from Wikipedia:

Hydrographics (printing)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hydrographics or HydroGraphics, also known as immersion printing, water transfer printing, water transfer imaging, or cubic printing, is a method of applying printed designs to three-dimensional objects. The hydrographic process can be used on metal, plastic, glass, hard woods, and various other materials. In the process, the substrate piece to be printed is pre-treated and a base coat material is applied. A polyvinyl alcohol film is gravure-printed with the graphic image to be transferred, and is then floated on the surface of a vat of water.[1] An activator chemical is sprayed on the film to dissolve it into a liquid and activate a bonding agent. The piece is then lowered into the vat, through the floating ink layer, which wraps around and adheres to it.[2] After removing the piece from the water, a top coat is applied to protect the design. With multiple dippings, hydrographics printing can achieve full 360° coverage of the part surface, including small crevices.[3] [4] [5]
References[edit]

[ame]http://youtu.be/pKuXyeAGzEU[/ame]

That is cool. I had seen a video a while back of people doing this to synthetic gun stocks.

I've never used them but there is a place by me in Nixa,Mo that does it called Ozarks Hydrographics i have seen some bike tanks done by them they looked good to me.

you can do it your self out of the bath tub if the parts are small enough. look it up on you tube

LOL Bruce! I'd have told him "Yeah, my butt's still in the shop then mosta the time. What're YOU doing at that time of night???"

seen a few vids on water transpher printing...this is where you dip your part into water with a a like decal and the parts comes out covered...does anyone here knopw of anyone that does this process I have a few parts for the Duster that I want to look like carbon fiber...

thanks wayne

Don't know anything about them, nor their pricing. Looks like they do decent work.

http://www.hydro-dip.com/pricing.htm

I would hate to get the kit and screw up my parts and then have to remove the product...rather find a company that dies this and sent them my parts...

-
Back