wats a good fuel line/brake line bender?

-

macho781988

your resident horses a$$
Reaction score
trying to make a carb to pump metal line but my current bender just wont cut it. ive seen the 2 lever ones and id like to have one like that but are they worth it or should i try a new approach?

trying to make a carb to pump metal line but my current bender just wont cut it. ive seen the 2 lever ones and id like to have one like that but are they worth it or should i try a new approach?
yes they are for the $12 you will spend.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-900675/overview/

just buy this one. unless you are out to buy just for a name

That one only goes 90°, I have some that will go 180°.

Can''t remember where I got it....

Here's one on ebay:

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Heavy-Duty-Tube-Pipe-Bender-3-in-1-90-Straight-Angle-Plumbing-AC-HVAC-Bends-New-/231039138541?pt=BI_Pipe_Benders&hash=item35cb017aed"]Heavy Duty Tube Pipe Bender 3 in 1 90° Straight Angle Plumbing AC HVAC Bends New | eBay[/ame]

Didn't even realize that. I have one just like the one you posted. Used it once and it just collects dust now. Not very often do I get the urge to go bend some pipe.

Yeah, I usually use them to bend fuel lines from the fuel pump to the carb. The 180° helps for the bend coming out of the fuel pump and then up by the alternator....

I have a few different styles, even the 90° ones...

It's good to have around for when you get the urge to "lay some pipe"... LOL!

Yeah, I usually use them to bend fuel lines from the fuel pump to the carb. The 180° helps for the bend coming out of the fuel pump and then up by the alternator....

I have a few different styles, even the 90° ones...

It's good to have around for when you get the urge to "lay some pipe"... LOL!
I have used mine maybe a grand total of 4 times. Maybe I need to buy an excuse to use it more lol

Check out eastwood.com. They have a couple tubing benders as well.

ive checked out the east wood ones, and even ones from snap on, i just do want them breaking, and ive read reviews that they wont bend 180 degrees so idk. i still have the pump to filter metal line, i need the one from the carb to filter cause its a rubber hose atm and i know thats not right

I bend tubing at work, I like RIGID, Awesome quality, just like their double flare kit, works perfect first time everytime. I found a RIGID 3/16" bender in the Speedway catalog, not cheap, but if you want bends that are repeatable its worth it.

If you want the right tool to do the job,this is the tool,most likely it will cost you some 5-650$ for it,but its worth it.mrmopartech

Attachments

• brake line tool.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 200
Another approach if you don't have luck with the bender, maybe use a 90* pipe to AN-6 fitting at the pump and use pre-made stainless hose from there to the carb. PepBoys has some ok fuel line kits with pre-made AN-6 pieces 12",18",24"... Saves you from having to buy benders and flaring tools. You can put filters in-line as well. What kind of carb?

the carbs a holley 2bbl, but im also 26 and this isnt my first toy and wont be my last so im always looking for multi taskers and such when i buy tools, i do have a flaring tool, and i did order the summit tubing bender and i talked to the tech and all that but if im not happy with it ill return it and goes the braided route. i am going braided on the rear line from the frame to the fuel cell pick up.

-
Back