We (Americans) are in big trouble!

-
You think thats scary find a copy of" Rick Mercers talking to Americans " he didn't pick on joe blows on the street he went to the pillars of your education system like Yale and Harvard to name a few and got professors and students to comment or Rally around such topics as cancelling the annual Canadian Woolly mamouth hunt and saving the Great Igloo as our Capital building and praising prime minister Tim Horton for his double double { a canadian phrase for 2 cream 2 sugar used at Tim H0ortons donut shops Tim Horton actually being a long dead hockey player who started a chain of donut shops when he retired} he got Arkansas governor Huckabee with that one a freaking Governor didn't know the name of the leader of your largest economic trading partner only a small child new we don't have states here we have provinces and this is only a small sample of the utterly retarded things your best and brightest including professors of government and foreign studies believed to be true , I swear you will laugh your *** off at these so called best and brightest then when it sinks in you'll shake your head and cry it's sad that way, theres more than one version of it he did it a couple of times for an hour comedy special each time and did Capitol hill one time , try the web it must be out there somewhere I had a couple on VHS but tossed em with the rest of my old VHS tapes

Your right, it is scary. How the hell did the general population get so stupid?

I dont believe this. they only showed the stupid answers. i know some answered intelligently. i asked my 16 year old daughter some and she knew them.

Your right, it is scary. How the hell did the general population get so stupid?

it took them 50 years of revising public education , ever hear the phrase " those who don't learn from history are destined to repeat it "? well if you don't know history in the first place how can you learn from it and if you can't learn from it how can you stop them from turning society back to what your fore fathers left behind to get away from -oh wait they already tell you what you
eat ,drink ,smoke ,say ,think ,drive too late- doh
P.S how is it these so called opposite parties are both perpetually led by guys from not only the same fraternity but the same elite inner society within that fraternity ie Bush/ Clinton/Bush /Obama all skull and bones- doh , Not that our guys are any better other than that crazy Cretien the rest have been a bunch of talking head puppets and our schools that used to be #1 in the world are down near yours now

Problem is simple: I will take a masterful line from Jurassic Park, the movie. Dr. Ian Malcolm: I'll tell you the problem with the scientific power that you're using here: it didn't require any discipline to attain it. You read what others had done and you took the next step. You didn't earn the knowledge for yourselves, so you don't take any responsibility... for it. You stood on the shoulders of geniuses to accomplish something as fast as you could and before you even knew what you had you patented it ... Our kids have it too easy!

This generation may be going downhill but I largely blame it on the failed education system we have in America. Or perhaps all the toxins and synthetic chemicals we expose ourselves to these days whether they be from chemicals in plastics to preservatives in our food have yet unrecognized consequences on our health and minds. Also considering the ever growing complexity of the world we live in and the barrage of data and information our brains are forced to contend with every day maybe were simply overloading ourselves?

This generation may be going downhill but I largely blame it on the failed education system we have in America. Or perhaps all the toxins and synthetic chemicals we expose ourselves to these days whether they be from chemicals in plastics to preservatives in our food have yet unrecognized consequences on our health and minds. Also considering the ever growing complexity of the world we live in and the barrage of data and information our brains are forced to contend with every day maybe were simply overloading ourselves?

nah,cause we get it.

That was funny as hell but very sad at the same time. Heck, my wife knew the answer to most of them.:-D

Doesn't surprise me too much I'm sad to say. When I moved to the US from Canada in '87 to go to university, I remember asking folks in my dorm what they knew about Canada. Most could only name a few Provinces and a few cities (for some reason they all said Moose Jaw) and none knew who the prime minister was or what the Canadian capital city was. Back then (before the internet) it was even hard for me to keep up to speed on Canadian affairs becasue US tv news and newspapers reported absolutely no Canadian stories.

This just reminded me that my classmates were a little put off when I got the highest grade in a Montana history class - LOL.

I couldn't watch more than 1 min of that. There are a lot of people that stupid, or I should say uneducated here and it's getting worse all the time. The worst part is people don't verify fact, they just listen to some idiot and then spew the same crap to others.

Jimmy Kimble had a contest last night to see if the Canadians was smarter then an American 8) The Canadian won :cheers:
KFC Arkansas 8)

Jimmy Kimble had a contest last night to see if the Canadians was smarter then an American 8) The Canadian won :cheers:
KFC Arkansas 8)

sorry bud but that was kind of a given don't take it personally your government has invested billions to dumb down your society ours has just chased all of us out of the country and replaced us with immigration{ our population has only grown by about 25 percent in the last 40 plus years compared to a global population that has grown many times faster than that }which has the same net effect in a different way

-
Back