We got almost a foot so far today in Arizona!!!!!

-

Righty Tighty

Blame it on the dog
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
IMG_7807.JPG

We went on vacation there once in the summer

It was 120 by noon

Loved it, zero humidity...felt like 85 in Michigan
Really? Wow.....I have never dealt with high humidity so I have no point of reference.
I have also been to AZ in the summer and hated it. 94 degree low overnight? No....thanks.

I was working in a facility there in August last year... I stepped out to make a call at 3PM, 118 degrees, Brutal... While I'm out front couple guys ride up on their bicycles... They work second shift & rode eight miles in the heat... Been riding their bikes everywhere for years... Summer/Winter/Day time/Night time doesn't matter.... I guess you get acclimated to it...

I was working in a facility there in August last year... I stepped out to make a call at 3PM, 118 degrees, Brutal... While I'm out front couple guys ride up on their bicycles... They work second shift & rode eight miles in the heat... Been riding their bikes everywhere for years... Summer/Winter/Day time/Night time doesn't matter.... I guess you get acclimated to it...
Mary's family lives there. We usually visit every Christmas. I like the look of the landscape as a place to visit but it looks too much like a Road Runner cartoon for me to live there.

Really? Wow.....I have never dealt with high humidity so I have no point of reference.
I have also been to AZ in the summer and hated it. 94 degree low overnight? No....thanks.
Well, I'm on my 4th straight week ok snowplowing, with temps in the teens and 94 sounds pretty good right now

All kidding aside though, I really was surprised how nice the heat felt there

I will NOT live where it snows, at least where it snows enough to stick around.

Sunset yesterday in So. Cal. IIRC it was about 75F at 5:10 pm. Pardon the trash cans....
20220126_172638.jpg

We were in St. George. Utah one summer, maybe mid July....114 at 7pm. Dry or not that **** is hot. When Palm Springs gets that hot, its like a ghost town. Everyone stays inside. You can drive down the street and not see anyone for blocks. Even the golfers hang it up .

I can’t agree more. When the low temp is 95, it’s pretty darn miserable. And then the humidity comes… But we need to find something to poke some fun, because we don’t have lakes or streams or green trees…

Humidity sucks ***. 18 months in Philippines pretty much cemented that into my brain. When you sit to take a dump with no A/C and sweat starts pouring down your back, you don't even need to wipe.....

I lived in Phoenix from 76-78, and again 84-85. It was hot both times,,Winter is good, then there is the other eight months.
My family is still there, but they look burned up! HAHA
My best friend is still there, and was a fireman for tempe forever, and now he trains fireman for the rural areas.
He told me some time ago that these stupid weather guys quote the average temperature based on monitors at 12 feet above ground, because if they quoted the actual ground temp people would freak out. But he has never met anyone 12 feet tall. When they train for firefighting, they train with the ground temp being upwards to 180 degrees to the touch.

Hot is hot! humidity or no,,, they actually hope for that when the get called out.

Weren't you the one talking about moving to Tennessee. Go spend a week there in July and see how you feel about humidity.
I was there in June of this year and felt some of it.

90 degrees with 80% humidity. That translated to 109 degrees at 10%, a combination that I've dealt with here several times. It isn't great but I can live with it.

I had houseguests here in the tri-state area, over fourth of July. 115° during the day, high nineties at night. The a/c unit literally blew up, and caught fire. Took me a couple weeks to get a new a/c. The houseguest (best friends) went home.

I had houseguests here in the tri-state area, over fourth of July. 115° during the day, high nineties at night. The a/c unit literally blew up, and caught fire. Took me a couple weeks to get a new a/c. The houseguest (best friends) went home.

In 1976 it would get hot, but at dusk the temps dropped, and humidity was 7-8%.
by the eighties, the population exploded, as did all the grass, trees, asphalt, and cement.and allergies from all the plants easterners brought with them.
now it is 3.5 million, with all the above,,,
the worst today when I visit is the smog

<~~~~ Long time desert rat. Got a real job that took him out of the desert at 21. Nice place to visit, has many pleasant and fun memories of the desert. No present need to move back there. :D

-
Back