• DSCF0299.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 366
  • DSCF0300.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 360
  • DSCF0301.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 363
  • DSCF0302.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 362
Was pretty disappointed when my 75 dart hit the scales. Just wanted to see if there are any good diets for a 3500 lb A bodie. (without me)I started with my front bumper and got 38 lbs out of that thing. Next will be a hood and a spool in my 83/4. Maybe cut my doors apart, Please share your weight reduction ideas and how significant the weight loss was, cause I have a long way to go..... goal is 3200 lbs or less.
single race seat,sheet metal dash,fiberglass nose, doors,trunk lid bumpers basic stearing colum tub, sheet metal trunk light weight rims,my dusters down to 2700 lbs

the doors are really Heavy Stock on a 2dr..
small and big holes in hinges, handles, bumpers etc minimal structural loss compared to material removed...

JBurch, please don't take this wrong but did that car pass tech with the welds that are on the roll bar?

Can I ask why?.... I know why... go faster... but why?

My Dart is 3550 with me in it. Runs 12.60's and I drive it everywhere. If I took 400lbs out of it I'd be driving a 12.20 second shell of a car... Why!!! Even if I took 1000lbs out of it.. lmao... I'd have a 11.60 go cart.... there are way cooler ways to go faster.

I will agree that my car is not fast.... can I ask how fast your car is and where you'd like to be?

My Dart is 3550 with me in it. Runs 12.60's and I drive it everywhere. If I took 400lbs out of it I'd be driving a 12.20 second shell of a car... Why!!! Even if I took 1000lbs out of it.. lmao... I'd have a 11.60 go cart.... there are way cooler ways to go faster.

I will agree that my car is not fast.... can I ask how fast your car is and where you'd like to be?

Boy I wish I could make mine 400 lbs lighter and pick up 4 tenths. I would be in the 5'sin the 1/8. I guess I will have to spray it.

I think just because......

Rule of thumb, 1/10th per 100 lbs lost. I watched videos about making carbon fiber parts, then made some. I need the parts to look exactly like originals which you don’t. Not super hard to do. Each bumper bracket was 3.1 lbs lighter.

DA492359-2EBE-4677-A906-81880D1305FA.jpeg

Over the winter, I did some weight reduction on my fat a$$ '67 Fastback. With me in it last year, the scale at Great Bend said 3740lbs. I weight about 230.
Anyway, I tossed the steel hood and hinges. That total was something close to 80 or so lbs. The fiberglass pin-on hood only weighs around 20.
I got a fiberglass pin-on trunk lid. Getting rid of the metal deck lid, and crazy heavy '67 trunk hinges saved close to 70 lbs. The pin-on probably isnt even 10lbs.
Cal track mono leafs replaced my old SS springs. I think that changeover saved me about 35 or 40 lbs.

-
Back