Weird vibration

-
Trans to driveline to rear end angles can cause that also.

My money is on a U-joint, It might not be loose but I bet if you take out the driveshaft the joint will be bound up tight.

This reminded me....

Years ago I bought new greasable U-joints for one of the cars. I pulled each cap out of habit to check them & discovered that they did not drill through both crosses. So, any time grease would have been added via the zerc, only two cups would have been greased.

I know it is transmission-back. Harmonic no doubt. If it's not a bad tire, it has to be driveline related one would think.
By all means, let us know so we can learn:)

I know it is transmission-back. Harmonic no doubt. If it's not a bad tire, it has to be driveline related one would think.
By all means, let us know so we can learn:)
I used to get weired vibrations when I was single , had a few beers, and driving a hi h.p. mopar, and chasing the ladies ! LOL -----anyone else ?

I had a similar thing happen with a '72 slant 6 3 speed manual 7 1/4 rear end Duster back in the late '80s.
It turned out to be a rear wheel bearing that was going bad.
Also, it was making a small whirring noise when going around a right corner.
Turns out that it was the driver's side wheel bearing.
A separating tire could make the same noise as well, so i would look for that too
Next time this happens, stop the car after the noise is heard and go touch the tires to see if they are overly hot and put your hand on the axle tube on both sides to see if they are hot on one side or the other.
This is a zero dollar check that might save some time and possibly an accident..............

funny story sorta. back decades ago, I went back to hometown in sw Ga to visit and as always took the trailer, and found a car. 68 gtx, nice driver, original 440 at. ran great. boght it. well I stopped off at car buddy on way back home. he wanted the X for oa o drag car. he takes it out that night late, opens it up all the way. faster he goe the more he feels a vibration maybe from the engine?
next day, him being a racer, he takes the engine apart ( as they all love to do), and he finds 5 standard 440 rods and 1 heavy "sixpack" rod!!!!!! ha

Don't know where you are the past several days, but I believe it's totally the U-joints and the drive shaft. I don't know if you replaced the drive shaft at some point but it may be bent or out a balance. I'd replace both U-joints and while you're at it check the balance of the drive shaft at a competent shop.

-
Back