welding supply

-
Man that was cool! Better than 4th of July.

Did you see all of those cylinders taking off like missiles?

and when the cop showed up and that one tank almost hit his car, then he decides to back up...

Did any one die in that? The driver of the truck was driving like an @ss. Not very smart when you have that much explosive material on board.... Darwin award candidate...

I watched that video and instantly this came to mind!

[ame]http://youtu.be/rFeGurWLlk0[/ame]

Wow!

They put weak plugs in the bottoms of those tanks with low burning points, so if they fail, the gas ruptures more controlled (hence it becoming a missile) instead of it breaking into shrapnel, like a grenade.

Did you see the driver run? Smart move. It was also smart of the follower to back up. I've never been around a ruptured tank, but I've heard stories.

He was driving like a complete asshole. You wouldn't catch me driving like that in a Honda, let alone a gas cylinder truck. Bombing across lanes and then straight up rear ending that bus/ motorhome/ whatever. I didn't see any tire marks, prior to him hitting the guy. He was likely running late on a delivery and texting. You'd have to be, not to see a bright bare shiny aluminum hull like that, directly in front of you, driving with a CDL on haz-mat endorsements. He should know better.

I always get angry when I see commercial drivers doing dumb things, because it's just their job to drive correctly. They are paid to drive, so they should already know how long it takes to transport something and plan accordingly with their employer.

Wow!

They put weak plugs in the bottoms of those tanks with low burning points, so if they fail, the gas ruptures more controlled (hence it becoming a missile) instead of it breaking into shrapnel, like a grenade.

Did you see the driver run? Smart move. It was also smart of the follower to back up. I've never been around a ruptured tank, but I've heard stories.

He was driving like a complete asshole. You wouldn't catch me driving like that in a Honda, let alone a gas cylinder truck. Bombing across lanes and then straight up rear ending that bus/ motorhome/ whatever. I didn't see any tire marks, prior to him hitting the guy. He was likely running late on a delivery and texting. You'd have to be, not to see a bright bare shiny aluminum hull like that, directly in front of you, driving with a CDL on haz-mat endorsements. He should know better.

I always get angry when I see commercial drivers doing dumb things, because it's just their job to drive correctly. They are paid to drive, so they should already know how long it takes to transport something and plan accordingly with their employer.

You could not be more correct Sir...

Wow, that was crazy! That idiot driver should have been arrested for reckless driving and negligence. A few yrs. ago a propane cylinder storage facility in St. Louis caught fire and things looked a lot like that but even far worse. Leveled a few city blocks if I remember right

The truck driver gets caught up in a bottle neck caused by a combination of a slow truck entering the highway and the idiot bus driver in the left lane who decides at the last minute to cut across 3 lanes of traffic so he can try to merge behind the slow moving truck. Hopefully the bus driver took some of the blame in all that but ultimately the truck driver should have been looking farther ahead and should have slowed down sooner especially with that type of load on the back.

-
Back