Well Del, I guess it's true

-
I have a Pignose G60VR all tube guitar amp with a few mods and it's badass. It'll blow the roof off. lol
Looks like this...
PIGNOSE.jpeg

A friend of mine is an audiophile and has two Dynakit Mark IV tube amps and a Dyna Pas-3 tube preamp. He 3D printed a turntable and built his own speakers. MAN....there's nothing like the sound of jazz on vinyl being played through a high quality tube amp system.

Pics are from the web, but this is what he has.
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

A friend of mine is an audiophile and has two Dynakit Mark IV tube amps and a Dyna Pas-3 tube preamp. He 3D printed a turntable and built his own speakers. MAN....there's nothing like the sound of jazz on vinyl being played through a high quality tube amp system.

Pics are from the web, but this is what he has.
View attachment 1716108294

View attachment 1716108295
Ha! I have the near same system except mine says stereo 70, handed down from my Dad.
It`s old at least 60 years.

Can't say that about products made nowadays. No stereo you get from Best Buy will be around in 60 years.

I really am not an expert/ connoiseur of fine audio systems. My ex super from the wheelchair joint was in a band when younger, still plays guitar, and fixes and builds guitar amps. He is always sending me some silly website of nonsense beliefs in the "audiophile" world, stuff like "ya gotta have braided speaker wire, etc." By that I mean HE is making fun of. He's pretty well set

Some of the so called sound is pretty suggestive, and lots of the old geezers who are into it can't hear that well anyhow.

Another example is the nonsense about better and best manufacturer runs, brands, and versions of tubes. On some tube type, the internal structure of the tube has to be so and so to make them, uh, "better."

By the way, the tube in that thing is a WWII suplus, obsolete, dual tetrode VHF transmitting tube. It was never designed for audio use, and primarily designed for what is called "class C" meaning as far from linear operation that you can get. Tube audio amps must be class A operation, or B (Pushpull) or in between AKA "AB"

A single tube that is not push pull cannot produce decent audio if it is anything but class A operation

Here is the original RCA datasheet

The reason these types of tubes were made at all is in fact because of early development at VHF frequencies. Some of the limiting factors at VHS is LEAD LENGTH which includes the wiring inside the tube, and INTERELECTRODE CAPACITANCE AKA "less is better"

So the thing about dual triod/ tetrode tubes is, you wired them up in push pull and with each tube set of elements nearly identical, they were easier to maintain "balance.
Also push pull means that each tube conducts during 1/2 the sine wave output, so that in effect, each tube is operating at 1/2 the frequency. AKA, if you had two tubs rated for say, 50 MHz and you were trying to operate them near 100 Mhz, you could use two in push pull and the effective freq limit is thus doubled

Here is an 829B VHF amplifier, which is very similar to what this 832A but would have been used for

By the way, the tube in that thing is a WWII suplus, obsolete, dual tetrode VHF transmitting tube. It was never designed for audio use, and primarily designed for what is called "class C" meaning as far from linear operation that you can get. Tube audio amps must be class A operation, or B (Pushpull) or in between AKA "AB"

A single tube that is not push pull cannot produce decent audio if it is anything but class A operation

Here is the original RCA datasheet

[/URL][/URL][/URL]

The reason these types of tubes were made at all is in fact because of early development at VHF frequencies. Some of the limiting factors at VHS is LEAD LENGTH which includes the wiring inside the tube, and INTERELECTRODE CAPACITANCE AKA "less is better"

So the thing about dual triod/ tetrode tubes is, you wired them up in push pull and with each tube set of elements nearly identical, they were easier to maintain "balance.
Also push pull means that each tube conducts during 1/2 the sine wave output, so that in effect, each tube is operating at 1/2 the frequency. AKA, if you had two tubs rated for say, 50 MHz and you were trying to operate them near 100 Mhz, you could use two in push pull and the effective freq limit is thus doubled

Here is an 829B VHF amplifier, which is very similar to what this 832A but would have been used for

....and then Del comes in speaking Greek. I knew I shoulda stayed outta this. LOL

Now I feel like this dumbass kid.

5C4B6AF7-DA2E-4B7D-AC65-514A43C59986.jpeg

Last edited:
A bit roundabout but.....within 6 degrees of.....

Not a lot of A body barracudas around here so when I saw a 67 (black) at a light I jumped outta my car and risked it all to see if the guy would let me check out his car. He fixes tube amps.

See? I got ya there.

-
Back