Well it’s not pretty, but it’s race ready

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Well I used fiberglass mat on the back of my bumper, one coat of duraglass chopped fiperglass on the front. Then I hit it with 80 grit sandpaper then 400 grit. Then I relocated the mounting holes, and painted it and the side on my Duster (without sanding it) with a can of black spray paint from Advance Auto. I figure if the photographers stand back far enough and I do a nice wheelie maybe no one will notice. Lol

I’ll be heading off hopefully for Keystones Halloween Race tomorrow.

CF98E2B3-AB8A-4D4B-BAD4-505F1EAEB5E6.jpeg

A595BE0A-EA0E-4F97-A7FF-20D7FA5741F2.jpeg

D3F35727-0F1B-452A-8A00-FFC5CB047F9C.jpeg

1D514822-3B8E-461E-86E1-6622F9DED01E.jpeg

4D045709-F592-4EA8-A4EC-D623A5B537FF.jpeg

Are you going to wear a Festerman mask? :lol:
A good way of distracting the driver in the other lane. lol

Well I used fiberglass mat on the back of my bumper, one coat of duraglass chopped fiperglass on the front. Then I hit it with 80 grit sandpaper then 400 grit. Then I relocated the mounting holes, and painted it and the side on my Duster (without sanding it) with a can of black spray paint from Advance Auto. I figure if the photographers stand back far enough and I do a nice wheelie maybe no one will notice. Lol

I’ll be heading off hopefully for Keystones Halloween Race tomorrow.

View attachment 1716003517

View attachment 1716003518

View attachment 1716003519

View attachment 1716003520

View attachment 1716003521

Gotta love your dedication and tenacity!!

Good luck at Keystone.

I don't know how in heck you do it.

Trust me there’s still lots to do but my platter has been full the last three weeks. Finished porting a set of Speedmaster heads for a very patient customer, leaves are falling like crazy here, cooking and cleaning, and lots of church activities. I’m dragging but all I have to do is some shopping, breakfast with my church group, some shopping, hook up and load up, and drive 45 miles to the track. I can kick back and relax then till our morning time trial on Saturday.

Car looks great Pittsburg. When it’s wheels up no one will notice the rattle can paint. Good luck this weekend.

Oh and if it's race ready, it's purdy. Go have fun with it and good luck!

Thanks for the kind words guys and the good luck wishes. Drag racing and working on cars has been a big part of my life. Creeping up on my 50 year anniversary so Lord willing I way hit it. I can honestly say my Doctor ordered me to get racing this year after being sick last year. He’s from India or somewhere like that and when he sees me comes in and sits down to talk. He’s honestly excited about what I do at the track and how it keeps me going. Gonna be a busy day so I’m off to have breakfast with my mens church group.

-
Back