welsh plug help

-

ian

Reaction score
hi have you guys had any problem with spitting out welsh plugs; i only had this problem since block was grelt filled and indy heads fitted ,any segestion how to keep them in their.thanks ian

hi have you guys had any problem with spitting out welsh plugs; i only had this problem since block was grelt filled and indy heads fitted ,any segestion how to keep them in their.thanks ian
Hey Mate, ken ye' translate that to colonies language? Coould ye' be talkin 'bout a expansion (freeze) plug?

yes mate freeze plugs, i am not blowing hoses ,just popping out freeze plugs any ideas.

Sounds like you got to much pressure on the cooling system or the plugs are a shy small. just to test this theory, pull the thermostat and see if you pop any. Use an epoxy and glue them mothers in. Another thought I just had are you shure they are not metric? I'm just shooting out ideals that I would try.

Are they for that specific car or did the sales clerk just measure it. Maybe he gave you a metric size that was "close". Never heard of them popping out for no apparent reason.

I too would say they are probably too small. also make sure you use the right type of sealer on them like the hardening stuff from permatex.

thanks guys i may have used the non harding permatex ,will check that today .

The system pressure is controled by the radiater cap. Even at 21 psi the plugs should stay in if they are properly installed.
I have to wonder if you are driving them in with something in the middle of the cup. That will reduce their outside diameter. Good luck

-
Back