Wet or dry sand

-

plumkrazee70

Reaction score
I am in the final stages of blocking. Should I wet or dry sand? I need to go to 600 before sealer, but am ready for 400 right now. Should I 400 dry a s then 600 wet or both wet?

Does it matter?

What does your paint need for a finish to paint over. Some of the paints want only a 320 sand. Seal. paint, clear.

I only wet sand the clear finish before buff. Dry sanding you can blow out before paint. Wet sand it and you got a mess to clean out of the seams unless you seal every panel with tape. Even when wet sanding and buffing clear I tape the seams closed.

I only wet sand the clear finish before buff. Dry sanding you can blow out before paint. Wet sand it and you got a mess to clean out of the seams unless you seal every panel with tape. Even when wet sanding and buffing clear I tape the seams closed.

Gotcha. Perfect, makes sense. Thanks!

I've found that with wet you not only make a mess, but lose sight of your progress. It's much easier, at least for me, to evaluate a surface while dry sanding, and keep track of where you are. You can get lost wet sanding more easily.

-
Back