• I have an other and I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
-

65 Dartman

1 of None 65 Dart Sedan Delivery
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have AND use one of the aftermarket or even an OEM Mopar throttle body units - Holley , FiTech, Atomic, Fast or other throttle body style - what do you like or dislike about it or it’s operation? This discussion is not about Multiport units such as Edlebrock or other MPFI unit or carbs.

i had to bow out. by the time you buy fuel tank with a FI pump, regulators, throttle body fittings, lines etc... your 2k deep. so i just reverted back to the 200 dollar carb setup. i really wanted to have fuel injection though. my next go round if ever will be a genIII hemi and a stand alone harness. i better quit thinking it sounds expensive already

I don't like it so I have carburetors.

I had a carb, it would start one time run then not start after that, or just would not start at all. I went with a Fast 2.0, the engine builder suggested, I already had a in tank fuel pump setup and added a bung for the O2 sensor, Just in case when I was putting the car together. So I put the EFI on and went through the wizard. turn the key and it started and have been driving it now 3 years with no issues.

have the Fitech on my 66 Mustang, went with in tank pump so that I could go from 16 gal stock tank to 22 gallon and didn't want a under car mounted pump, probably would have done the tank even if I stayed with carb - as with anything there could be problems, they are not just plug and play and I think thats where many think there is a problem, there is some tuning and adjustments that need to be done even with the self learning

I like that it can be converted over to 4 bbl carb, with the mechanical fuel pump.

Gives the TBI engines more air and fuel when you need it. You can tell by the deeper tone of the engine when you start it up with the 4 bbl on.

20200711_214031.jpg

Resized_20200712_194110_8421.jpeg

-
Back