What 26” radiator in 1971 Duster with 6.1 Gen III Hemi

-

JBrian

Reaction score
I’m now in the process of building a restified 1971 Duster that will be powered by a warmed over 6.1 Gen III Hemi. I would like to know what off the shelf 26” radiator would fit after the core support is opened up. Ideally I would like to stick with a copper radiator as the look I’m going for is how the factory would have dropped an A-Body on a 6.1 on the assembly line. The car will look like a stock Duster 340 (Rally instrument cluster, sharktooth grill) with the hood closed.

The car will have A/C, manual transmission, P/S manual 4-wheel disc brakes (Mopar 11.75” with Viper calipers) running 225/60 performance tires on 16” steelies. The chassis is being stiffened with the US CarTool chassis stiffening kit. Final mockup now in progress with a 5.7 block, Lakewood bell housing and 833 bolted in place with the TTI motor mounts on a 1971 biscuit K-member.

I’m looking forward to your input.

The stock Gen 3 radiator will fit between the frame rails I believe, that's probably the way the factory would have done it, but there are probably prettier solutions out there.

-
Back