??WHAT?? A fair price?? 74 slant Gold Duster

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
I can barely contain myself. An actual well placed, clearly worded ad, and it's on CRAIGSLIST and it seems like a fairly decent price as well!!!

http://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/5092267893.html

74 Plymouth Gold Duster - $2300 (Kellogg)

1974 Plymouth Duster survivor
79xxx Original miles
Slant 6 / 727 auto
Runs and drives good
Disc brakes in front
8 1/4 rear end
Rally Wheels (big bolt pattern) with good rubber
Body very strait, mostly original
Floor boards and trunk solid
Interior in pretty good shape
Daily driver or perfect for a V8 swap!
Gets lots of compliments
$2300

*PRICE REDUCED TO $2300 FOR QUICK SALE!

00d0d_hv1DkXUNgYj_600x450.jpg

00505_bL7P08JEmWh_600x450.jpg

00z0z_10fj2NfZUaF_600x450.jpg

00r0r_eGkudKlvF9Y_600x450.jpg

01313_i95ZCNjg6Uv_600x450.jpg

00z0z_58dHrgpPuda_600x450.jpg

Looks like a great deal if the frame rails are good! It does not have a 727 if that matters.

727 with a slant is real, whether or not he has one I dunno. I think they mainly came in taxis and police cruisers. Overkill regardless.

that is coca cola and I would be all over it.

it has all the things that are desirable in the later dusters such as the fold down back seat (code C73)

it also has the disk brakes which is great and the rally wheels, also the fender mounted turn signals are cool and if you think like me then the slant six is ok too....that is a smooth machine

That's a great deal! Car looks pretty clean. Bodywork looks pretty straight, paint looks good for original. 727 and an 8 1/4"? Black interior with a fold down seat? Pretty nice start...

My '74 Duster was pretty similar to that one actually, same color, 91k miles. But mine had a poorly running slant that turned out to be down a cylinder, a 7.25" rear end, and a tan interior with a standard seat. That one would have saved me the trouble of doing the color change on the interior and adding the fold down seat.

Someone needs this! :glasses7:

That's a great deal! Car looks pretty clean. Bodywork looks pretty straight, paint looks good for original. 727 and an 8 1/4"? Black interior with a fold down seat? Pretty nice start...

As noted above, "we doubt" this is a 727. I would not want one behind a slant, anyhow. If I oNLy had a bit more money, turbo?

Or.......I've got another V8 K, and a running 318 came out of the "Black Menace", perfect platform for playing with Megasquirt

As noted above, "we doubt" this is a 727. I would not want one behind a slant, anyhow. If I oNLy had a bit more money, turbo?

Or.......I've got another V8 K, and a running 318 came out of the "Black Menace", perfect platform for playing with Megasquirt

I wouldn't be too surprised. It's not super common but I know there are a few /6 car's running around with 727's in them. I know I've seen it a few times before, because I remember it being weird because of the increased parasitic drag with the 727's. If it really has an 8.25" rear in it and not a 7.25" it could be the owner got some kind of driveline upgrade.

Man if I had another V8 K frame and that thing was near me I would probably be making a new signature picture right now...

Dang someone grab that, I'd buy it quick if it was down here.

if the gearing in the 8 1/4 is high enough that would make a great little donor car

I'm sentimental enough to hope a teenager would get it and appreciate it, priced so reasonable as it is...

I'm sentimental enough to hope a teenager would get it and appreciate it, priced so reasonable as it is...

nah, you get a teen in there and they would freak out because they cant figure out how to unlock the car
or pop the trunk
or roll down the winders

Yes and that is a very good price for that car in this area. ive looked at all of them listed in craigslist for Spokane seattle Wenatchee Yakima wa for the last year and its 1 of only two that were actually running. all these other guys wan 2500.00 plus for a rolling chassis car and they seem to all be 6 cyl cars. and most of them leave a lot to be desired. I just got back from Spokane an hour ago picked up a 71 demon and a 71 duster parts car for 2000.00

It certainly "could be" a 727 transmission. It would actually make some sense. 74 is getting late for A bodies. They probably had some left and wanted to use them. Or it could have been ordered like that. Entirely very possible.......although not incredibly probable.

Your kidding right ?!?

You would part that cherry little duster out for an 8.25 rear ?!?

I am totally dumbfounded

not JUST the 8.25...i also want the disc brakes
and did someone say fold down rear seat?

not JUST the 8.25...i also want the disc brakes
and did someone say fold down rear seat?

Seriously? That car is probably cleaner than 98% of the cars you see in Michigan. It doesn't need anything. Maybe a V8 swap. Then drive the crap out of it.

For $2300 you can buy an 8 3/4 and a disk kit. Sheesh. #-o

Seriously? That car is probably cleaner than 98% of the cars you see in Michigan. It doesn't need anything. Maybe a V8 swap. Then drive the crap out of it.

For $2300 you can buy an 8 3/4 and a disk kit. Sheesh. #-o

but the car isnt IN michigan

AND its a 74 with the lesser nice looking front end and the "designed like gumdrops" taillights

why dont we do this, you buy this car, we swap my 71/4 rear end and front brakes on it and everyone is happy :cheers:

-
Back