What a week!!!

-

Gayle’s340

Reaction score
First a thank you to all FABO posters…I have been restoring a 69 Formula S 340 fastback for the last year…..I have used the search function so much…always great information. Anyway…this was glass week….back glass and windshield in one day…went without a hitch….you’d be surprised how much you worry about an almost irreplaceable back glass. Buoyed by conquering the glass I tackled the rear quarter window regulators and mechanisms yesterday and today…..had to swap rear guides on the first one…they have a short side…needs to be at the top…anyway…everything works….my 45 year fear of regulators has abated, so that made it easier. Attached a photo
image.jpg

Beautiful car. I like the Fastbacks in white. What color is the interior? I hope you installed the headliner before you did the front windshield and rear glass.

Beautiful car. I like the Fastbacks in white. What color is the interior? I hope you installed the headliner before you did the front windshield and rear glass.
Oh yes…headliner first….I’ve only done Fords but was pleasantly surprised how easy the headliner was to install

Oh yes…headliner first….I’ve only done Fords but was pleasantly surprised how easy the headliner was to install
Now when you put the words "easy" and "headliner" in the same sentence, that's almost bragging. LOL. I have done several, and I would agree they are pretty easy, but you have to mark accurate centerline and have help.

Now when you put the words "easy" and "headliner" in the same sentence, that's almost bragging. LOL. I have done several, and I would agree they are pretty easy, but you have to mark accurate centerline and have help.
Maybe easy compared to a mustang/cougar….mine had been folded in its box since the mid 90s and the test fit was to see if the 30year old wrinkles would come out when pulled….they did so the test fit became an installation….

-
Back