what a *****

-
? Orientation of cracks? (seems I remember this photo from another thread ???)
I.e,
Right Bank, Left Bank, forward Block half (from #3 cam journal) or rearward ?

On driver side valley wall between #3 and #7 cracked front to back. Pretty sure the block froze.

Page 2.......and still no pics of my ex wife.
With that thread title, I was certain she'd be in here.

Well i picked up and dissassembled 360 number 2 today. Looks like we got a winner!!!! 1978 date coded block, std bore.

Just curious, pics of the 'casting clock' on the block, & the pan rails ?
Thx!!

Just curious, pics of the 'casting clock' on the block, & the pan rails ?
Thx!!

I will try to get some and post them for you soon. This things extremely greasy and caked with dried on dirt and crust. Just looking at it the dirt will jump on you LOL. The numbers saying it was a 360 were barely visible, i also verified by the position of the drivers side rear mount ear.

As i was dissassembling it, i located the casting date, and scrubbed it clean with a wire brush to verify a build date of 10-30-78.

My air compressor pump locked up. Its 15 years old, bearings fragged out. I got to source a new pump before i can clean this thing w some oven cleaner and a power washer, and blow it dry with compressed air.

Thx!! ... So,
The block is an 'Dayshift' cast (pointer to 'D'),and 1'st mold run (casting clock at first dot, Not '1' )
both of which are Good indicators of overall block integrity !!

Attached Images
attachment.php

The pan rail thing,
'offsets' in rail to rail alignment (and thicknesses) don't seem to be evident
in the pic,
However, not to be an arse here, could I further impose on Your Good Graces
for pics of the rails cleaned, with a 'face on' (read camera centered on # 3 main)
photos?
Thx!!

attachment.php

Have to get around to it. It needs a good cleaning, then off to get hot tanked, bored and decked. Will try to remember to get some pix of #3 main for you

-
Back