what an unfortunate break.........literally

-
Bad luck.
You just never know when a stupid accident will occur, i feel for you.......
Here's to a speedy recovery and enjoy the drugs while you can.
And in the meantime, you can get online and beat memike's post record!

I don't think anyone can beat his record. At least I managed to ship the bumpers to Tri-City Plating earlier that day. The build will go on as Tyler can do his thing now. I didn't want to do the engine bay anyway. I did his car and hated it. Too many cracks and crevices to sand. I will keep posting as he goes.

I feel your pain Bill. I slipped on black ice last winter. Landed on my head. Suffered a concussion and a fractured cervical process. Those rib fractures are not going to let you forget that fall anytime soon. I just hope you don't get a sneezing spell.

I don't think anyone can beat his record. At least I managed to ship the bumpers to Tri-City Plating earlier that day. The build will go on as Tyler can do his thing now. I didn't want to do the engine bay anyway. I did his car and hated it. Too many cracks and crevices to sand. I will keep posting as he goes.

Damn Bill, couldn't you have just found a way to tell Tyler the the engine bay was his? :poke:

In all seriousness, hope you mend quickly.

My sympathies. This summer I was selling a little old lathe I had. Rolled the bed down the two concrete back steps on a truck and successfully had it "down," and I lost my balance and started forward. I made a frantic leap to avoid falling on the bed and concrete, and leaped over it, only to fall on the grass beyond.

DAMN that ground was hard. My arms aren't very strong, anymore, and I "tapped" my forehead hard enough on the grass to draw blood "from the imprint."

I must'ha cracked a rib, I was sore for a good part of the summer.

"They" warn us "old people" about falls, but "we just don't get it."

My sympathies. This summer I was selling a little old lathe I had. Rolled the bed down the two concrete back steps on a truck and successfully had it "down," and I lost my balance and started forward. I made a frantic leap to avoid falling on the bed and concrete, and leaped over it, only to fall on the grass beyond.

Last summer I was moving my old fridge into the basement...by myself... and decided I could put it on the landing, pull it towards myself, and lay it down onto the stairs. And lower it down the steps as I went down in front of it. NOT. As soon as it was down on the stairs it went down all the way, with me in front. I ended up slammed against the utilty room door frame between it and the fridge. Lucky I just had a charleyhorse instead of breaking something.
Worst part is that as I was planning this, I was telling myself it was a bad idea lol.

back on topic, get better Bill- glad it wasn't worse for ya.

well it didn't stop me from getting out in the garage today. I just couldn't sit in the chair any longer. as long as I could stand in one place and didn't bend any I was ok. I stood it for about an hour, then had to get help back in the house. I was out there long enough to find out I need more parts. I need the clips that hold the side trim pieces on down the side of the car on a 69 Valiant V100. May need some help on these. this sucks. I am not one to stay in one place and sit still.

-
Back