what and how to mount drag seats?

-

srixon4406

TURBO TOAD
Reaction score
I have a couple questions I'm in the middle of some chassis work/roll bar and I have some of the generic plastic race seat with no mounting hardware? My problem is I have to install atleast the drivers seat so I can take the measurements that i need to start the construction of my roll bar what are you guys and gals using for seat brackets and also what's the NHRA. Guide line for mounting the seats
Any and all help is alwways appreciated and pics go a long way so thanks in advance
Aaron

I mounted my seats on universal sliding mounts from Jegs. The seats and the sliders and the seat covers were a package deal so I knew everything would fit together. Once you mount the seat onto the sliders, set the assembly in the drivers position with the slider at the middle setting and just see how it feels. If you have the slider in the center position, you have the option of sliding it a little forward or a little backward in the future. I am 6'-0" tall, which is maybe a little above average for an American male so the settings on the slider should be fine. If you were particularly tall or short, you may want to reconsider where to have the slider set. If you ever sell the car and the next owner cannot use the seats where they are now, unbolting the sliders and repositioning is real easy. Regarding NHRA guidelines, get your answers from the latest rule book. They update rules and regualtions every single year and you never know what may have changed from last year. Hope this helps.

I just picked up some angle iron from Home Depot and made some...A little heavy, but very solid.

-
Back