what are these called and where can I find them

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
These are the strips that run inside the car where the carpet goes behind the rockers. This is a '66 Valiant. Where can I get them or is this a FABO deal from an individual on here. Thanks,Bill

DSC04192.JPG

DSC04193.JPG

Check with Laysons. They are a sponsor here. I bought some for my Dart from them and they were nice. Laysons

If you are looking for used ones, you will need to start a parts wanted thread.

they aren't sill plates for sure , they are called carpet hold down molding or trim. They hide the wires and hold the carpeting in place. While these are called Sill plates, Scuff plate or threshold plates. I make replacement sill plates (custom or the boring stock shaped ones) and may be cnc'ing a master for those carpet hold down plates if I can ever get some of my other stuff done..

!!!!!!sill plates made.jpg

!!!212SILL PLATES.jpg

20230108_143311.jpg

they aren't sill plates for sure , they are called carpet hold down molding or trim. They hide the wires and hold the carpeting in place. While these are called Sill plates, Scuff plate or threshold plates. I make replacement sill plates (custom or the boring stock shaped ones) and may be cnc'ing a master for those carpet hold down plates if I can ever get some of my other stuff done..

View attachment 1716215517

View attachment 1716215518

View attachment 1716215519

what are they called. Carpet trim pieces or do they have a particular name.
https://www.classicindustries.com/product/mp14009.html

Ive seen them called both but I believe the proper description is door sill plate.

outers are sill plates for the early Gen cars the inners are carpet hold down trim or inner scuff plate molding. I could care less what others call them since they aren't correct for the early applications later applications

Screenshot 2024-03-02 231845.jpg

incorporated the inner hold down and the outer sill plate into one piece. or you could almost call them inner carpet plates but not sill (as in outside threshold plates.) the ones you Call sill plates in that picture ARE sill plates but the ones in his post are Inner scuff plates or carpet hold down moldings in the trimmer business

Yup. The early A bodies have inner and outer scuff plates.

-
Back