what are these for.

-

connerray

Reaction score
Sorry, couldnt think of a "short" way to title this thread.
I need a little help figuring these two parts out, well one isn't actually a part
First, what is this bracket for.
IMG_20131017_225715_498.jpg
[/IMG]
And second, what are these holes for, the two directly below the wiper motor
IMG_20131017_225729_394.jpg
[/IMG]

Must be a 63 - 65 a body first is dryer for the ac bracket second is throttle shaft through the firewall..

does that car have a knee knocker a/c unit? those firewall holes look like non- factory a/c lines for an under dash add-on a/c
I concur with the other ID on the drier clamp. Lawrence

Looks like it had a aftermarket A/C unit at one time.

What a stupid place to mount the drier.

Its a 70 duster non ac car. Origanl /6 power steering.
I figured the holes were something to do with ac but wasn't sure what the bracket was for

MY first thought on the bracket was for an old style washer bottle.

My thought on the bracket was for a short fat fuel filter
Well, any one know ow any good "knee knocker" universal a/c units. can't afford a repop

I have a Chrysler under dash unit.

My thought on the bracket was for a short fat fuel filter
Well, any one know ow any good "knee knocker" universal a/c units. can't afford a repop
I bought a used under-dash unit off ebay ~$35 ea, as I recall. You can buy new ones for ~$110. The Chrysler RV2 compressor is a beast. Unless you have one w/ brackets, consider a Sanden compressor. Now is a good time to buy. Indeed, today I bought a new one on ebay for $90. You can get Sanden brackets after-market for all A engines, though slant is rarer. Some people make their own. I might try using a York-Sanden adapter off the power steering pump block holes on my slant.

If you want a trouble-free way to mount a Sanden compressor onto your slant 6, get one of Charlie's bracket sets. I got one and it is perfect. With his bracket set you can use Mopar's original A/C pulley which is installed onto the backside of the balancer, between the balancer and the timing chain cover. It is necessary to find a salvage slant 6 with factory air in order to get the pulley, but well worth it. Charlie's set beats all others in my opinion.

Its going to be a 318 magnum car with the magnum parts. so it will be the magnum ac compressor
I just posted this under the / section since its an original / car

-
Back