what are these things?

-

1969dodgedartgt

Reaction score
the blue thing, i find a couple in me car and kno not none of what one does.
thanks

IMG_1982.jpg

I think there is a light bulb in there, the blue is a cover to make the light blue, should light up your gear shift indicator. (your shift PRND21 indicator is missing?)

It is a light bulb that comes on when you turn on your lights. so you can see your shifter selection position

I have heard them called diffusers, as Mike said they go over your dash bulbs, to soften the lighting.

My God now I know why I don't live in California anymore

???? How is that helping a new member??? If you read his welcome thread you'll see that he is new to Mopars, and classics in general and is looking for sound answers to his question!! Lets try to help the guy out and not question his lack of knowledge!!!

69Dart, that plastic thing in the picture on the left is the turn signal cancelling cam, which turns off the turn signals after you complete your turn. Both tangs are broke off yours, so I'm sure the turn signals don't automatically go off after your turn, correct??? Thats an item that needs replacement, or sure as shootin' you'll forget to turn it off one time and some idiot will pull out in front of you, testing your reaction time, brakes and the thickness of the steel your front end is made of!!! Time for your first steering column R&R!!! Geof

???? How is that helping a new member??? If you read his welcome thread you'll see that he is new to Mopars, and classics in general and is looking for sound answers to his question!! Lets try to help the guy out and not question his lack of knowledge!!!

69Dart, that plastic thing in the picture on the left is the turn signal cancelling cam, which turns off the turn signals after you complete your turn. Both tangs are broke off yours, so I'm sure the turn signals don't automatically go off after your turn, correct??? Thats an item that needs replacement, or sure as shootin' you'll forget to turn it off one time and some idiot will pull out in front of you, testing your reaction time, brakes and the thickness of the steel your front end is made of!!! Time for your first steering column R&R!!! Geof
Great point Geof!

haha, ok sorry for dumb question.
I was pretty certain that it was all metal underneath the blue.

Don't be sorry. I am sorry to see some one treat a new member like that. We are not all like him here. Most are very nice people and you will find this to be a good site to be on. Welcome to FABO! Good to have you here.

The guy made a joke, lighten up. When I was younger I tore everything apart to learn. There was no Internet. Sometimes a little exploratory surgery is in order. Chastising one member for another isn't cool either. Would have been more tactful to pm him and say what you had to say and ask him if he could retract it or change the post. We all know you guys in Cali are smokin the good stuff. Lol **** I smoked there it's a wonder he found the steering wheel bolt.

Welcome to FABO! I hope your turn signal lever screw is just sitting in the hole and not broken off! I agree with cosgig....get the turn signal switch squared away while you have everything apart. Test that bulb before you reassemble.

The guy made a joke, lighten up. When I was younger I tore everything apart to learn. There was no Internet. Sometimes a little exploratory surgery is in order. Chastising one member for another isn't cool either. Would have been more tactful to pm him and say what you had to say and ask him if he could retract it or change the post. We all know you guys in Cali are smokin the good stuff. Lol **** I smoked there it's a wonder he found the steering wheel bolt.

What? I don't understand. Let me take another bong hit mabby that will help.

Grgglee Grgglee Gergglee..... Coffff Coffff Coffff........Alright......Errrrrrrrr.......Ummmmmmmmmm.....
errrr..........Where am I?

Well, I've talked to Hotlines on the phone a couple times and he seems like a good guy, I was just pointing out that he should've read the OP's welcome thread to know where he is at. I don't think Joey will take offence to my comment, and if he does, my bad for not P.M-ing him instead. Sorry folks!!! Geof

Yall are all wrong as usual. It's a flux capacitor.

-
Back