what are these wheels worth?

-

jonnydart440

Reaction score
I'm looking to sell the original wheel that were on my dart, the previous owner converted it to 5x4.5 but gave me the original wheels too. I think they called rally wheels, they have the center caps and trim rings, and I believe they are the small bolt pattern. How can I tell if all components, rim, center caps and trim rings, are original or reproduction, and what do u guys think a set of 4 is worth?View attachment 1394643957895.jpg

I gave 200 for a set of 4 a few years ago.

With trim rings and centers ? I would say $300 for the complete set is fair but pull the trim rings and see if they are original. The trim rings can be hard to find.

I respectful disagree. :D

The centers are highly sought after if small bolt pattern. $200 minimum for the centers alone in my opinion. Wheels and trim rings have to be worth another $200 and the tires are a bonus for any interested buyer even if they are old.

I wouldn't let them go for under $400. The only problem not much demand for these wheels. But if you are taking a 70 Duster back to original and needed these wheels or just wanted to update any other pre71 "A" body with nicer wheels $400 would be bargain.

They look nice I would probably give you $400 myself for them if you were local to me in California

they are definitely worth 100 dollars a piece with the caps and rings anyone with small b/p car looking for the 71 style ralleye wheel would snatch them up and feel good about the deal..

Thanks zhandfull, I was thinking around $500. I guess it all depends on where u live and how bad someone wants them, around here vintage/original parts and go for big money. Too bad I live on the complete opposite side of the country or I'd sell em to u. I appreciate all the info guys.

Thanks zhandfull, I was thinking around $500. I guess it all depends on where u live and how bad someone wants them, around here vintage/original parts and go for big money. Too bad I live on the complete opposite side of the country or I'd sell em to u. I appreciate all the info guys.

Don't be afraid to ask $500 they look to be in nice shape. It's my understanding that nobody reproduces the small bolt pattern center cap and I've seen a lot of wheels for sale without them. Probably be in your best interest to sell complete set up and not just the caps to interested buyers.

With trim rings and centers ? I would say $300 for the complete set is fair but pull the trim rings and see if they are original. The trim rings can be hard to find.
I guess I should count my blessings for the deal I got. At least I am happy I bought them awhile ago being the car is not ready for them yet.

I still say pull the trim rings and look for a Mopar part #. I dont believe they are correct but if they are you could probably sell the trim rings to an E body guy for about what the rims and center are worth. If they arent original they are worth nothing,

$400 all day. The trim rings should have an oval hole and 4 clips on the back, not a full perimeter retention mechanism. Also the trim rings are brushed and the centers look matching. Thats a good package. Those centers are $50 a piece alone in a set, singles are less.

IMO, you can ask $500, but you'll be waiting a long time to get it! I've bought and sold dozens of sets of these, and I typically deal them in the $200-300 range with OK rubber on them! Yes, that's with the center caps and trim rings! I just sold the set that was on Sunfish to a guy for $300, all blasted and repainted with nice sombrero caps and trim rings, and decent BF Goodrich tires! Any more than the $300 would've killed the deal as they're just not worth it!

Good luck with the sale!! Geof

I live in South Texas and sold a nice original set for $350 two years ago. Advertised them on craigslist for about 3 months and a guy drove down from Oklahoma 900 miles to pick them up!!!

Treblig

I have around four complete sets of these, with centers and trim rings i would not sell for under $400 , here where i live . The trim rings and centers from what i see are original.I think they reproduce the 72 small bolt centers only .

I have MINT repro centers i purchased awhile back and i think they still reproduce them for around 200.... You can find wheels only for a couple hundred dollars if you look ...

I gave $300 for a nice original complete set 4 yrs ago. I'm sure like everything else they have gone up by now. I would say $400 easy

IMO, the center caps, called appliques in the parts catalog, are the same color as the 70 models. IIRC, the 71s had a darker finish. Here are the part numbers to look for.

p/n 70 3461 065
p/n 71 3461 351

Wheel Vintiques p/n 2027 (dark), 2027A (light)

trim ring 2944 424

The same trim ring was used for both years. According to the parts book, V and L models were not fitted with the brushed finish ring.

It seems to me that if the trim and wheels are good, $300.00 would be a fair price for the set.

Not to hijack the thread, but aren't the acorns Dodge and Plymouth had the sombreros. I've never seen original sombreros on a Dodge nor acorns on a Plymouth before.

Asking $500 is not unreasonable if they are all nice like that one. You can always settle for less.

Not to hijack the thread, but aren't the acorns Dodge and Plymouth had the sombreros. I've never seen original sombreros on a Dodge nor acorns on a Plymouth before.

Asking $500 is not unreasonable if they are all nice like that one. You can always settle for less.

No, it's the year that's different. Light argent sombrero = '70, Dark argent sombrero = '71, acorn with detachable centers = '72, acorn one piece after that.

As for values. AdamR has it right. Opinions are all over the board on this, so I won't even weigh in, other than to say obviously you can get whatever someone will pay you. However, on the SBP acorn centers, if some opinions in this thread were correct, then I guess I should have jumped on all the $100 sets of 4 I saw at every single swap meet I went to all last year. Apparently they were dramatically underpriced.

No, it's the year that's different. Light argent sombrero = '70, Dark argent sombrero = '71, acorn with detachable centers = '72, acorn one piece after that.

As for values. AdamR has it right. Opinions are all over the board on this, so I won't even weigh in, other than to say obviously you can get whatever someone will pay you. However, on the SBP acorn centers, if some opinions in this thread were correct, then I guess I should have jumped on all the $100 sets of 4 I saw at every single swap meet I went to all last year. Apparently they were dramatically underpriced.

Yes, you should have if they had good caps and original style trim rings.

Yes, you should have if they had good caps and original style trim rings.

No, like I said, I was referring to the SBP center caps ONLY. And yes, I could have picked up as many sets of them I wanted at $100/set, so it's partially about the market. If some people are willing to pay $200 for a set of 4 SBP acorn centers, then they obviously aren't people who are out going to swap meets, at least not the same ones I do. Maybe on the coasts, prices might vary by location, but to say without question that they are "worth" $200 for 4... well, not in the midwest the past couple years, no, they're not.

-
Back