What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Washed my Dart, checked the oil and transmission fluid and the handyman mounted the brand new license plates on :)
Welcome, summer!

I spent some time last night painting parts for assembly. Hood Hinges and inner fender shields. Its fun when you start seeing the color go on :)

Bought the outer grilles and headlight bezels from a member, just got finished installing them!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 184
Well, last night I took this video and today I drove it to work. It's been awhile since it's been on the street.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atEl70p1UjM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atEl70p1UjM[/ame]

What a coincidence! The other day I noticed my passenger side outer grill was loose.

So today, I tightened the outside bottom screw and added an outside top screw. The top was totally missing and the bottom was loose. So then I went around the entire grill to tighten everything. The fish emblem in the front was also loose.

Now its all tight again!!

Attachments

• Grill.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 215
What a coincidence! The other day I noticed my passenger side outer grill was loose.

So today, I tightened the outside bottom screw and added an outside top screw. The top was totally missing and the bottom was loose. So then I went around the entire grill to tighten everything. The fish emblem in the front was also loose.

Now its all tight again!!

Nothing worse than a loose fish.... :D

Just picked up a BRAND NEW driveshaft for the 71 Valiant today... :blob:

Nothing used, brand new from scratch from the drive shaft shop, custom made to our dimensions (for a 727 with 8 3/4") with new slip yoke, u-joints, and shaft.... :violent1:

Argh, argh, argh.... <<<Tim Allen grunts...>>> :snorting:

That is a nice shaft. Are those Dana 60 joints?

I finally finished putting the car back together. Just have to mix up some antifreeze and it's ready to go for a drive with the new engine!

Put the battery back in, installed the freshly painted valve covers. Little gas in the carb and she lives! Winter is over.

Attachments

• wires.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 137
Krazykuda, Nice Driveshaft. Where did you have it made?

Chicago Driveline. They are near my house and have done great work for me in the past, and still do... :cheers:

http://www.chicagodriveline.com/

They had a different style yoke for the trans, so we had to use that one for our measurement. It is stronger than the stock one and they used non greaseable u-joints as they are stronger.

I like how it's all the same diameter all the way down, no neck downs...

My brother used to know the guy that works there now. He built the engine for the Challenger that we had back then, and my older son now owns it. I never thought that I'd see him again... He does good work...

1461292663_zpsptnumato.jpg

3 day weekend. ....starting now!

My goal is to finish installing the glove box, my gauges and steering column.
Then tomorrow I'll gasket match my heads.

Then I can get started on my complete front end rebuild!

Jeff

Driving it! Took a foam pad and some water to the tractor paint on the 75 Dart and buffed off most of the oxidation. So I decided to take it to work today!
vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

Before....

vbpgimage.php

I need to pop my doors apart and swap out the glass runs in the doors and put them back together so it can be painted next week. The sedan doors are beyond simple to take apart and put back together.

I don't care what anyone says - beak or not - that is a cool looking car!~ got the stance!
Driving it! Took a foam pad and some water to the tractor paint on the 75 Dart and buffed off most of the oxidation. So I decided to take it to work today!
vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

Before....

vbpgimage.php

-
Back