What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
I added a mechanical oil pressure gauge to my below dash cluster. It now consists of top handmade bracket with oil pressure (left) and wideband (right)
The bottom handmade mount has a Tach (left) and mechanical temperature gauge (right). I am really pleased with the oil pressure, could never really
tell what it was with the sensor and factory gauge.

4Gaugecluster.JPG

Wife was out of town on a girlfriends trip so I decided to take the Dart on a season-ending Sierra camping trip.
Trunk is fully packed; beer cooler on the passenger floor. Going alone, miles from cell service in a 50 year old car. Didn't tell the wife what I was doing until the night before.
IMG_4113.JPG

Cruising down the backside of Donner Summit into Truckee in 5th gear @ 2,200 rpm. Outside temp low 50's. Temp gauge dropped to below operating; usually sits between E-M. Drove 90 miles to Truckee on 1/4 tank; averaged 15.5 mpg for the round trip.
IMG_4101.JPG

Rebuilt the front end in February using a combo PST and Moog parts, plus a Firm Feel rebuild on the man box. The Dart handled incredibly well. Hwy 49 is miles of twists and turns; what a blast to drive.
IMG_4104.JPG

IMG_4109.JPG

Sierra Buttes; lake level is around 6,400'
IMG_4128.JPG

IMG_4136.JPG

Downtown Nevada City, looking past the bug splatter
IMG_4149.JPG

Overall trip was 260 miles; started at 160' elev., crested 8,000 at the summit, camped at 6,200'. With the carb the idle was poor at elevation, but the car ran flawlessly. Started on the first try every time. Not going to do it again, but I got one more item crossed off the bucket list.

IMG_6478.JPG
IMG_6470.JPG
Added some 1/2" wheel spacers to the rear. Tires were occasionally hitting the shock bolts.

Wife was out of town on a girlfriends trip so I decided to take the Dart on a season-ending Sierra camping trip.
Trunk is fully packed; beer cooler on the passenger floor. Going alone, miles from cell service in a 50 year old car. Didn't tell the wife what I was doing until the night before.
View attachment 1715098666

Cruising down the backside of Donner Summit into Truckee in 5th gear @ 2,200 rpm. Outside temp low 50's. Temp gauge dropped to below operating; usually sits between E-M. Drove 90 miles to Truckee on 1/4 tank; averaged 15.5 mpg for the round trip. View attachment 1715098667

Rebuilt the front end in February using a combo PST and Moog parts, plus a Firm Feel rebuild on the man box. The Dart handled incredibly well. Hwy 49 is miles of twists and turns; what a blast to drive. View attachment 1715098668
View attachment 1715098669

View attachment 1715098670
View attachment 1715098671

Downtown Nevada City, looking past the bug splatter View attachment 1715098672

Overall trip was 260 miles; started at 160' elev., crested 8,000 at the summit, camped at 6,200'. With the carb the idle was poor at elevation, but the car ran flawlessly. Started on the first try every time. Not going to do it again, but I got one more item crossed off the bucket list.

Nice!

How easy was the rebuild on the manual steering box, and did you need any special tools for the job? Does the rebuild kit come with any instructions? I have a manual steering box I want to rebuild and put in my fastback.

Nice!

How easy was the rebuild on the manual steering box, and did you need any special tools for the job? Does the rebuild kit come with any instructions? I have a manual steering box I want to rebuild and put in my fastback.
I did the suspension/steering components myself, however the company Firm Feel did the rebuild on the man box. They also rebuilt the p/s box on the Coronet. They only do Mopars, great company to do business with.

Moved it out of the way to get the Halloween decorations out of the garage. ...then put it back.....woohoo!

Jeff

Big fire here in Santa Rosa, CA so I says, 'self, seeing as the differential is shot and that car ain't moving and we were told to evacuate, I'd better be proactive!' so I grab my car parts, throw them I the car and take a couple of moving blankets and throw them on the car. Then I go grab the hose and water the living hell out of all the vegetation and those moving blankets from 3am until about 6am.

just north of the red area on the map

IMG_20171009_052403.jpg

Evacuate_your_ass.jpeg

View attachment 1715098666

Cruising down the backside of Donner Summit into Truckee in 5th gear @ 2,200 rpm. Outside temp low 50's. Temp gauge dropped to below operating; usually sits between E-M. Drove 90 miles to Truckee on 1/4 tank; averaged 15.5 mpg for the round trip. View attachment 1715098667

Rebuilt the front end in February using a combo PST and Moog parts, plus a Firm Feel rebuild on the man box. The Dart handled incredibly well. Hwy 49 is miles of twists and turns; what a blast to drive. View attachment 1715098668
View attachment 1715098669

View attachment 1715098670
View attachment 1715098671

Downtown Nevada City, looking past the bug splatter View attachment 1715098672

That's too cool! That was awesome bug splatter BTW.

Drove it under it's own power for the first time since 1978! It went to sleep with a tired little slant 6 and woke up with a 383! :)

IMG_5399.JPG

The B's brothers!

IMG_5400.JPG

IMG_5388[1].JPG

Welding spring mounts to frame rail as we speak.
65 dart vert, soon to be magnum 4spd, 8 3/4 4:10 suregrip

Ran around all day looking for bolts, washers and 12pt sockets for the Duster, then put together a bitchin' ride for my Granddaughter's 1st birthday next week.

Grandbabies totally rock.

20171011_224531_HDR.jpg

Put the 727 behind the 408 today. Had to massage a couple of holes on the flex plate to get things hooked up. Now just need to test fit a few things and it should be in the car next week.

20171012_235354_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Not to my car (Victoria) but working on our shop build for my sons and I.
it will be 36 deep and 40 wide and getting a car lift so I can enjoy the finish part of my 66 Plymouth.

000022.jpg

Put the 727 behind the 408 today. Had to massage a couple of holes on the flex plate to get things hooked up. Now just need to test fit a few things and it should be in the car next week.

View attachment 1715099922

Id double check to make sure its the correct flexplate before putting in the car. I had to message one of the holes and it turned out it was for a 904.

-
Back