What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Got two 8 Tracks for $10 today. Trying to stay period correct for a 1972 Dart.

20231026_161059.jpg

IMG_3848.jpeg

The Scamp was elevated to create more room in the garage over the winter.

Installed shifter..painted hood ...wiped filler on a few dings...now round 2

20231028_171208.jpg

20231028_171136.jpg

20231028_171150.jpg

Gettin a little maintanence done on Gladys. She had a wheel seal leaking on the Dana 60 on the passenger's side and also the lock washer on that side needed replacing. It will be here tomorrow and I can set her on the ground, reinstall the axle put the tire back on and fill the rear back up with gear oil. And of course I had to leave behind proof I've been in it. I want to put a PowerTrax lunchbox locker in, just not in the budget yet. Maybe next year.

Also, as you can see, I very recently replaced her shocks too. Gladys is gonna be a happy camper special. lol
GLADYS REAR COVER.JPG

Last edited:
Took
Grandson
IMG_2674.jpeg

for a ride and then cleaned it before putting the cover on.

installed drivers side quarter glass yesterday gonna do some final adjusting today. 71 dart swinger

what am I doing to my car , today ?
gonna try and figure out why its running so rich , I outran a hellcat on hi way 20 last time I drove it , (about a month ago) , started it last night and it was running so rich it was unbearable in the garage , got pissed and shut it off and locked the garage . stinkin unbelievable how bad it was running !

Nice work
I had a pretty fair core to start with, but Tommy White in Racine does a great job with the details. He repaired all guages and speedometer and made it look nice too. He's done a few other jobs for me too. The wiring harness he made for me includes all of the correct colors, connector, flashers, bulbs, etc., and it fits like a glove. Fraction of the cost of some of the big shops.

:mad:Finally got the windshield in my 74 Duster. It wasn't easy, took me about 5 hours. Hardest part was turning the bottom corners with the locking strip. I picked up a tool as part of a kit that was supposed to make putting it in easier...POS
Anyhow it's done and I'll never buy another car that needs the windshield put in.

-
Back