What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Well, I suppose this is not to or with the car(s) but it is FOR the car(s)! lol. Tired of always crawling around on the floor so got me a new lift. It's both a symmetric and asymmetric lift. Finished up the wiring for it this evening. Hope to put it to use tomorrow to prep the avatar for going to the track on Saturday.
View attachment 1716224464
You suck! :poke:

That's a nice shop, I wish I had that much space!

It looks pretty empty, and way too clean!
I wish it was that empty! And clean! That pic doesn't show the stuff I moved out while the hoist was being installed as I sure didn’t want anything falling on them!! My other Demon and flat car hauler trailer were booted out for the time of installation. Then there's the other half of the shop that isn't in the pic but, trust me, is way overfilled too with my 3rd car and enclosed car hauler trailer. Oh and too many parts and junk and boxes and...

I reproved the point again that no matter how big you build it, you will fill it and be bursting at the seams!! But I love it and am very thankful for it.

IMG_5990.jpeg

IMG_5989.jpeg

So went to Gainesville track - arrived at 9:00. First time run scheduled for 10:00. Double-entered to get some extra practice. By 1:30, still waiting in very nice weather (see pic) and not one word on the PA system, Facebook page, or anywhere else about what is going on, why no racing. Brief 10 min shower hits. Well, we know THAT will be at least another couple hours delay.

So put the car away in the trailer and got a raincheck. Ladies at the entrance were not told why the major delay. Tried to call the tower and no answer. They even had an Easter egg hunt for the kids at 2:00 and didnt announce that!! So we git a raincheck and left as we didn't feel like sitting additional unknown hours waiting.

A buddy stayed. Texted me he got his 1st time run at 5:00pm, 8 hours after we got there! 1st round of eliminations starting after 8:00 pm!! :poke: Hello - that doesn't compute!!

I sure hope this is not how Gainesville is run by the mighty NHRA. Not impressed at all!!

20240323_130536.jpg

Came home, washed the trailer, and put everybody in the shop for the night.

Last edited:
I finished up my rear end swap and got the tires back on the ground for the first time since Thanksgiving!

1711275654441.jpeg

Installing this overflow tank

Uninstalling MSD6AL, going to factory ign with Hi Rev blue module to accompany Mp Distributor, Accel Super coil

PXL_20240324_132641060.jpg

PXL_20240324_132617540.jpg

Getting ready to put steering gear back in, late season snow going on. Have basketball and tunes on, coffee now, beer later. Crossing fingers I didn't crush fingers on it install.

IMG_20240324_131649926_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240324_131709861.jpg

I stopped in at the machine shop today to deliver several boxes of parts and gaskets. While I was there they had my heads set up on the Sunnen machine getting ready to do the valve job. I did the pocket porting myself.

Valve job.jpg

I did that a while back, except that I had to buy 6 tires. My '68 Dart has a front end from a '72 Duster so I could get the late design factory disc brake setup. So I have 2 wheels with a 4" BC and 2 with a 4-1/2" BC, and of course, 1 spare for each BC. I bought some cheap-o tires for the spares and they are mounted on standard steel wheels. Oh, and 1 rear wheel hub has LH threads! :BangHead:

Picked up a Dart Lite hood for the Sport and separated the aluminum brace from the hood skin.Sandblasted back of skin primed and reassembled.Stripped top of skin and drilled for hood scoop.Now off to paint satin black outside and orange inside.

00BB67BB-96CB-4414-A3AF-F9ECEC227EF5.jpeg

C185BE07-06E3-427E-81ED-A85A2807FDAB.jpeg

C6D2CDF7-2DF7-43AE-B0BF-591C87890CC8.jpeg

324CC95D-1F25-4039-9FCC-45A760EFC423.jpeg

-
Back