What brand of fluid?

-

THEWHITEZOMBIE

Mopars an Heavy Metal
Reaction score
whats do u all prefer for yur tranny's?not anything over the top just yur basic fluid from Kragen
MIKE

Lars said:
I was alway told type F was for the ferds...
I got this "tip" from a Mopar Action magazine article ten or fifteen years ago. They claimed it is the same or very similar to the $5.00+ a quart racing fluid you see advertised. I don't know if it is same or not but I've been using it ever since in my racecars with outstanding reliability and performance.

moparracer said:
I got this "tip" from a Mopar Action magazine article ten or fifteen years ago. They claimed it is the same or very similar to the $5.00+ a quart racing fluid you see advertised. I don't know if it is same or not but I've been using it ever since in my racecars with outstanding reliability and performance.

Really? Never heard of that before...

Just talked to a friend that used to work on an Ed Hamburger Super Stock car. He said they ran it back in the 70's. He now runs a 500 inch bracket car with a fully rollerized trans. with aluminum drums and still runs type F(now called FA). I've been running it since the late eighties.

Thanks guys my dad brought me home a case of Pennzoil ATF,he said thats all he used when my tranny was in his car so thats what i put back in her Thanks again guys
MIKE

This is one of those questions that gets many different answers. So many different poeple and manufactures have different preferences that sometimes I wonder if it really matters what type of fluid you run. I use type F out of habit, because it is cheap, and because i'm getting several hundred runs out of the clutches in my home built transmissions. I know other racers that are using everything else there is,+3,+4, dexron,expensive racing stuff. Is there really a "right" answer?

I can tell you from a personal experience that back in the mid 70's all my friends and myself used was type-F and this was also recommended by the tranny shop that did my 727. They said it was more cohesive and adhered better which produced more positive shifts....Don...

I use type F . I got full rollerized with alum. drums. Never had any problems but I service mine about 40 to 50 pass. Fliud looks smells just fine. I was told to use it by Jim Paquat at J.P.T. trans .I build my on to.

-
Back