-

1973dusterkid

Watch This
Reaction score
I have a 1973 duster and need help picking a color for it
I like yellow because it would be like my dads old duster but
purple and green look sweet

I like green and black. Im a little nuts though. :geek:
Thats what I am going to paint my Duster.

Hmmm :-k Now that I think of it, you can't use green and black.

It's MINE!!!:angry4:

LOL no but I do like green and black.

:snorting:Or there is always Pink!:snorting:

B-5 from http://www.matrixsystem.com/ . Choosing a paint color is a pain in the a**. Noticed you mentioned white with a black hood. I thought about that for a long time, it is what I always wanted. Until I seen a few cars with it in person. Looks like a 'fridge on wheels. For the longest time I wanted a Plain Jane type of paint job, until it came time to pay for it. I just could not see it happening......

Attachments

• 100_0245.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 292
here is petty blue...............

i am now doing a 73 car back to factory b5 blue. i like the b7 blue more, but oh, well

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 290
  • 027.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 294
I have a 1973 duster and need help picking a color for it
I like yellow because it would be like my dads old duster but
purple and green look sweet

I like the idea of making it like your Dad's. But in the end, what color are you most happy with?

Gloss black with a matte black stripe and matte black hood. Saw Duster on here not long ago like this and it look killa!

I have a 73 also.. I'm not partial but it does have that "glittery" Golden color... hint..

Attachments

• Picture 166.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 224
i feel your indecision, i am going thru the same thing, red, candy apple red or black is my personal choices for mine. It is fire thorn red now but everyone says i should go with black but i think the car was red and probably should stay red, but it is a hard decision picking a color, good luck!

The original blue or something close to it like Inkjunkie's. Blue looks nice and it would be more practical, if you change the color you will have to banish all the blue which will be a lot more work and expense. You're lucky your Duster didn't come from the factory in one of the 'yucky' colors.

make it your own the color is one thing,but there is so much to it you can add pearl or instead of the black you can use carbon fiber or whatever / where ever you want to go with it.
Bright Yellow is *****-in with dark contrast
a "Lot" of blue Mopars out there.

Good luck
follow your heart
Would you feel better walking out every morning to a car that reminds you of Dads yellow mopar would that be there as a reward besides the car?
I like that idea personally

but its your car too:colors:
Bruce B

I voted scrimin yellow. (Is that a Ford color?)
I also think it would look lousy with a black strip on it. On the other hand, factory style black stripes would look good.
I would paint my own dark green, but it's not my car we're talking about here.

My Opinion? Our cars stand out anyway. Don't do red, yellow, bright orange etc. They are 'bro' colors anyway. Blow 'em away with your time slips on the track, and how safe you can drive on the street.

How many times have you seen some guy in a brightly colored sports car being pulled over and read the riot act by the police? It's a fact cops profile drivers. Not to mention Insurance rates. Unless you want that kind of attention, I recommend you stay far away.

Don't mean to flame, or be negative. Just food for thought.

here is petty blue...............

i am now doing a 73 car back to factory b5 blue. i like the b7 blue more, but oh, well

Does the B5 really look that different from night compared to an overcast day? I love the overcast color.

-
Back