What color?

-

Johnny Dart

Reaction score
The Dart is in the paint shop,and my painter said,"If you want to change the color,now is the time".
I was going to stick with the original Light Gold,but now the wheels are spinning,with all the high impact colors.

I am kind of leaning towards"Green GO,same as Sassy grass,but am not totally sure. I also like Plum Crazy,Sublime,etc. Help!!!!

Any thoughts on this?

The car will have a black bumble-bee stripe with the black wheels and top.

Picture 396.jpg

Ya might not want to hear this but heck you asked for opinions right?? I think I'd stick with the original color.....ahh did I say that out loud? Only reason I say that is the vinyl roof with that light gold looks down right handsome on your car and besides you've got one hot,bad *** lookin high impact color car with your '65vert. Sorry your car just looks too good that color with the roof and the dog dish/steelies. Good luck with making your choice...and give us lots of pics when she's done.

If it's an original 340 car, keep the gold. If not, I would paint it either red or black. If black, I would use a matte black Bee stripe......and I own a gold Dart. LOL
I always liked that car, especially with the vinyl top.
Good Luck with the paint! Can't wait to see the final pix.

George

original gold. too many green and purple and orange ect....just my opinion

you are in a pickle........... all the colors listed here sound good.

i feel for ya. try a modern chrysler color???? with that black stripe?

i really like that colour you have now as well...really suits the look of the car...however dont let us all sway you...if you want a HI colour then go for one....sassy grass is cool, and so is sublime too....maybe even a yellow with that vinyl roof and black bumblebee stripe....the choice is yours, but that gold already looks sharp

If it's an original 340 car, keep the gold. If not, I would paint it either red or black. If black, I would use a matte black Bee stripe......and I own a gold Dart. LOL
I always liked that car, especially with the vinyl top.
Good Luck with the paint! Can't wait to see the final pix.

George

George,
Have been following your 69.That car is probably what is making it so tough on me. LOL

The car is a non matching original 318 car,with a mild 360 ready to go in.

Have seen the black car with a black ghost stripe.Looks killer!!!
Swore I would never own a black car again after the first.

Thanks all for the suggestions.Not sure if they are helping in the decision. LOL
But do appreciate it.

Any more suggestions?

Thanks
John

Still in the same pickel !!!!!!!!

Just dont want to pick a color that I will later regret.

Help !!!!!!!!!!

Two colors I have always liked with the black vinyl top are Dark Gray metallic and Dark Gold metallic. Don't have the 71 color codes. For 72, they are A9 (Charcoal Poly), and JY9 (Tahitian Gold Poly). If you prefer a lighter color F3 & T6 would look good with your roof & stripe.

Well, I have one more opinion, but you all may not like it to much!
Besides black, (or red), I think I would like a silver car again, and I also think it would look good with the black top/stripe. Having said that, the nicest silver I have ever seen is a factory Corvette color for 1963 called Sebring Silver, after Sebring Florida where the yearly race is held.
If you're interested, check out a Corvette show as there's bound to be one at any good sized event.

Best of Luck in your decision, and thank you so very much for the compliment about my car.

I'm sure whatever you choose, your car will compliment it nicely.

George

If I dont paint it a high impact color I will keep it gold.

Decissions,decissions.#-o

The Dart is in the paint shop,and my painter said,"If you want to change the color,now is the time".
I was going to stick with the original Light Gold,but now the wheels are spinning,with all the high impact colors.

I am kind of leaning towards"Green GO,same as Sassy grass,but am not totally sure. I also like Plum Crazy,Sublime,etc. Help!!!!

Any thoughts on this?

The car will have a black bumble-bee stripe with the black wheels and top.

Ya know....the dart swinger body style is such a Mopar "classic" in my opinion......any color you choose will look great.

Paint it the color in your heart and mind.....your vision.

For high impact colors I like Sublime. If you go with another color, I like gold, silver, and bronze. The metal colors always look good on Mopars. I think all of these colors will compliment your vinyl roof and tail stripe. Black with a red tail stripe?

I`m wrestling with the same decision on my convertible. It`s originally red and it would be the easiest to take it back to red, but I`m thinking a lighter color like white or silver. Changing color means painting everything again and that just doesn`t sound like fun. Paint color is a big decision and changing color an even bigger one.

Hey Johnnie ,jeff here from florida WOW that looks great you should have posted some pics of your engine, anyways i was going to paint my old dart sassy grass green i think any of the hight impact mopar colors will look good with that black vinyl top ,im now building a 68 valiant 408 stroker moving along quickly on it.its the one on my Avatar

Too many yellow cars... :-D
100_0163.jpg

I really like the factory color on your car because of the roof contrast.

Hey Johnnie ,jeff here from florida WOW that looks great you should have posted some pics of your engine, anyways i was going to paint my old dart sassy grass green i think any of the hight impact mopar colors will look good with that black vinyl top ,im now building a 68 valiant 408 stroker moving along quickly on it.its the one on my Avatar

Hey Jeff......Waz up !!!!

Still trying to figure this color thing out....Man is it tough.

Put up some pics of the 68.

Here is a pic of the motor.

What do you think.Sassy Grass,Plum Crazy,Sublime........?

Picture 670.jpg

on second thought, plum crazy would be pretty cool with the black roof and wheels

I had a gold 73 Scamp a few years back. It looked rad!

Stick with the original. I changed the color of a car once and it turned out to be a huge mistake.

-
Back