What did YOU get for christmas (car related)

-
well I didn't "get" one damn thing either, but I have been saving a little here and a little there to buy myself something. It is still being processed, so I cant put the cart before the horse until it gets here, therefore I have nothing to post as of yet lol. but after all its not what you "get" that makes Christmas. its what it means to YOU and how you celebrate it. hell, we don't even put up a tree nor do we exchange gifts, because when you don't have what makes Christmas special around you , it only makes it hurt , not happy.

God gave me a couple of pretty nice days to fab and weld some patch panels on the 62 lancer. no one sells any I know if even if I had the $$ the buy some!! LOL

well I didn't "get" one damn thing either, but I have been saving a little here and a little there to buy myself something. It is still being processed, so I cant put the cart before the horse until it gets here, therefore I have nothing to post as of yet lol. but after all its not what you "get" that makes Christmas. its what it means to YOU and how you celebrate it. hell, we don't even put up a tree nor do we exchange gifts, because when you don't have what makes Christmas special around you , it only makes it hurt , not happy.

I don't know about that. It used to make since to me but this Christmas I spent time with the family and everything went great but I really didn't get much joy out of it. We exchange gifts on Monday so hopefully I'll be a bit happier giving my newphews their presents. If nothing changes then maybe it's just me being a stick in the mud. I will report back with my findings!

i got a new battery tray and a new set of rear wheels. But due to Jegs POOR packaging dept. one of the wheels was scratched and dented to crap. The FedEx guy is supposed to pick it up today to return it.

It used to make since to me but this Christmas I spent time with the family and everything went great but I really didn't get much joy out of it. If nothing changes then maybe it's just me being a stick in the mud. I will report back with my findings!

I can relate to that side of it, but what I found is that wasn't what really made me happy either as bad as that sounds. sometimes we just have to "weather the storm" , get through it, and look ahead to a new year.

An auto related gift that was given to me was a tube of Goop hand cleaner from my in-laws. But I did order all the exhaust tubing I need for my turbo slant truck! Wanted to finish the exhaust to the side of the bed instead of just an open down pipe just past the bell housing. That will be more of a New Years gift I suppose. :)

Celebrating Christmas with my family today, so maybe there will be more auto related, knowing my dad.

Well, I kinda gifted myself, as others don't know what to get, lol.

I got a new harmonic balancer, head porting kit, some extra crossbuffs, new valve seals and a timing chain tensioner.

Momma said got for it! :blob:

I got an eighteen volt Dewalt impact gun and a set of impact sockets. Beats the crap out of using the old four way when changing the kids tires. That is a gift that will keep on giving cause the kids always come by when they need brakes or have a tire that is leaking.

41pryvIA0eL.jpg

I also got to spend the last 48 hours with my family watching Christmas movies, baking cookies and opening gifts. That was the best present of all.

Got a dash cap for my car! And my own set of tools from my Dad. Now I don't have to use his all the time. Hoping to use the money I got also to rebuild my disc brakes. One step closer to finishing my car!

Well.....turns out that I did get something car related. Kitty knew I was feeling down and told me she has something on the way.

I fannagled getting this 75 Ford F250 Camper Special a couple of months ago. It has this single din full face detachable face radio/cd player in it that I detest. I mean it's nice and all. It's even a Kenwood. But I hate it. I am always mashin the wrong button and poppin the face off trying to change the stations. Useless as tits on a boarhog to me. I guess I'm getting old.

She found an NORS RCA AM/FM 8 track that fits right in the stock dash and even has the factory lookin preset buttons just like the original radio. The thing even has the old style analog tuner, it's not digital. I love those things. No muss, no fuss. Just reach up and mash a button. They are big buttons too so I caint miss. LOL It even accepts factory Ford knobs of the era.

Glad to hear she managed to bring some Christmas joy to you rob

Hp efi kit
Bullet proof sfi 2pc reid cased powerglide
1950 f1 race truck(was dads i i herited. Mom gave it to me and i gave it back. Then i got it again chrismas eve again) gonna pick it up next weekend and bring her home to stay.
Intake
Motor and mid plates
Bbc water pump(chevy)
Other odds and ends totalling about 12k all together for my dart. Truck is 30k alone and quite fast.

Fwiw non of it means nothing if i could have my dad for one more day.

A new set of 2 gauge x 20 foot long jumper cables for my truck, and a MoPar light switch cover for my office.

lets make Rob's a happy new year and send him all the old ford pickup parts we run across!?? LOL

no sure why it is lately, every time I see an old ( 60's, 70's ) pickup, I get all these s entmental menories and makes me have the hots for an ol pickup really bad.????? my cummins is 20 years old in 2015, but its totally modern to me!!! must be getting old ( really old???))????
turned cold here today, drizzle, wet snow, wind.... I really would like to get hunt an old truck somewhere its arm...

christman car gift....? Ha

I bought my own car Christmas presents.
Some interior parts, led bulbs for the dash and a rear shock tower brace for my Mustang.
With my OT from my next check I'll have to buy something for my Dart.

lets make Rob's a happy new year and send him all the old ford pickup parts we run across!?? LOL

no sure why it is lately, every time I see an old ( 60's, 70's ) pickup, I get all these s entmental menories and makes me have the hots for an ol pickup really bad.????? my cummins is 20 years old in 2015, but its totally modern to me!!! must be getting old ( really old???))????
turned cold here today, drizzle, wet snow, wind.... I really would like to get hunt an old truck somewhere its arm...

christman car gift....? Ha

That would be good. Mine is a 75 F250. I accept donations. LMAO

Only car stuff I got was from my FABO secret Santa :glasses7:

Some wrenches, nice bypass hose and Mopar hose clamps, also a cool Mopar air fresh re and some other cool stuff :glasses7:

Got hood struts for a foreign car that i own, and a used electric drill, to be used tinkering around with my car parts.

-
Back