what do these fit

-

rbkt65

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
i bought them as 73-76 a body for my disc brake changeover on the 71 dart. got them sandblasted and painted and went to put them on and the lower bj holes are 1/2 a hole longer than the lower ball joints. i looked and see that the upper bj for a 71 monaco are the same as 73-76 a body but cannot locate lower bj other than rare parts. no listing at napa or rock auto. are these c body spindles? tia. rick w.

20230524_135226.jpg

They are "C" body spindles if the ball joint attachment holes are further apart.
But for year(s) i couldn't tell you, early or late.
That would depend on inner bearing spindle diameter, on the shaft.
They're not gonna work on an A, B, E, body car, as they are too tall in overall height.
(Picture is off the internet, not mine)

Spindles Disc Brake C Body.JPG

Last edited:
Here is a picture of the proper knuckle and the important measurements for 62-72 B-BODY & 70 & up E-BODY drum to disc conversions. There 2 different caliper mounting brackets available.
One for 14" wheel applications (10.87" rotor) and one for 15" wheels.(11.75" 1 piece rotors).

73-74 E-BODY 73-76 A-BODY KNUCKLE.jpg

Last edited:
I agree with Jim, those are C-body disk spindles. These may help. The '73 version is the most sought after for C-body disk swaps as well.

1973 C Body spindle drawing.jpg

74 cbody spindle.jpg

The '73 version can in fact be used on A/B/E bodies, there's actually a Challenger that runs '73 C-body spindles with A-body LCA's to modify the suspension geometry (taller spindles, longer lower control arms). I'd say that's a lot of work for what's probably pretty minimal improvement, but hey, whatever works right?

Using C-Body spindles on an E-Body ( and A-Body LCA's & Viper calipers) in Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension & Steering

-
Back