What do you guys think it's worth?

-

74Dusted

Stock Piler of 340's
Reaction score
My '74 Scamp might be up for sale, could use the cash to fund parts for my other projects... or maybe buy another A-body, who knows. I was never really particularly fond of the Swinger/Scamp body style, but I bought it anyway.

S5000472-1.jpg

S5000473.jpg

S5000477.jpg

S5000475.jpg

S5000474-1.jpg

Needs some work on the interior (field mice ate some holes in the headliner, could use carpet & a dashpad too)

Can't remember the mileage, something like 56,000 miles, it's been parked for a long time (currently stored at my neighbor's house) I've never even drove it. Bought it from my neighbor about a year ago and he was ok with me letting it parked at his place.

No clue if the /6 runs, I didn't have a 1BBL carb to try it out. Got LBP Wheels with Power Disc Brakes, A/C, Light Package, Power Steering, Solid Frame Rails (which is rare for a PA car)

I know the buyers market sucks bawls at the moment, but what do you guys think a scamp like mine would go for? Curious.

problem is that it probably looks way worse that it is. in current condition $500 tops. if you were local i would offer $300

I paid $300 for a parts car. But it did not have power brakes nor A/c. I think $500 looks bout right. Do you have a clear title? Would be worth more if you do.

I see $400 to $500 worth of dics brakes set up parts with the BBP rear end if the rust hasn't ruined the parts. I do see mucho mucho rust on the picture of the under carriage. Dash cluster, radio bezel and front seat looks good so there is a some money. In parts there is a decent value. In the whole car I would say around $500 for a beak nose car but that is Oklahoma prices where we don't have terrible rust problems.

i agree, while it seems to be solid, all that rust underneath makes you wonder. i say 500 tops. as it is going to need a resotre,a nd if you got to put that kinda money into one, why not put it into a 340 car. just my .02

i agree, while it seems to be solid, all that rust underneath makes you wonder. i say 500 tops. as it is going to need a resotre,a nd if you got to put that kinda money into one, why not put it into a 340 car. just my .02

Because 340 cars aren't always in the price range someone has. Why buy a 340 car that needs floors for say $3000 when you can buy a /6 that needs floors for $500? Unless you are trying to make a profit then that is understandable.

clean title?
solid frame and floor?
no missing parts?

500 to 750 up north where I leave

Fairly solid, and in better shape than any other a-body I've ever seen in Pennsylvania (that wasn't already restored) Mild rust on the suspension components and inner fenderwells. Don't know about the floors, never pulled the carpet back, Probably some rust on them, Clean Title

Missing the Carb, then again, for all I know it could have rolled under the seat (air cleaner and some assorted stuff was laying on the passenger floor)

Might keep it, Probably never drive it, but at the very least I could throw it on the lift, sandblast it, strip it down, repaint it and park it in one of the garages :cheers: It's not like I don't have the garage space to park it and forget about it until it perks my interest. Two 3-car garages, One 5-car garage, Two 2-car garages, One 6-Car garage, One 1-Car garage. Plus a few empty garages on some rental properties that belong to my family.

Sooo since I'll probably keep it.... There's a '68 440 Magnum with a .590 Mechanical Mopar Purple Shaft, Dual Quad Intake, bolted to a Manual Shift 727 that's been collecting dust under my work bench for the last 5 years. Thought about dropping it in my '74 Duster, but I'm too attached to the 340, so it just collects dust :D 440/727 Scamp with Silver & Black exterior, that will sit around collecting dust? LOL

I'd rather not part it out, BUT I think I still have the uncut Bezel/Surround from my '74 Duster. I installed a '67 Rallye Cluster in that car but the original dash components were in immaculate condition (even had a Plymouth emblem on the bezel, appeared to be original).

I'll look around and let you know if I can find it. If I can't I might still have it, but I literally have several 18-wheeler loads of A-Body Parts (6 sets of Hang Ten Dart interiors, unmolested/mint condition, clusters out the wazoo, transmission, doors, etc) So it takes a long time to search through my parts. I've got stuff that i've forgotten about, even cars, that haven't seen daylight in years. For example, I've got a '83 Scamp GT (1 of 11 that match mine, out of 1,200 total) that I haven't seen in 7 years.

get it running and stopping, you have to get those working anyways if you want to keep it. if you clean it up your into 4 digit territory easy

-
Back