What do you think?

-

cpthowdy1369

Reaction score
Hey guys, I went to a mopar only restoration shop here in San Antonio to see if they could cut off the pass. quarter panel and weld on a new one for me, and the guy said they would cut off the old one and weld on the new one and then grind it, sand it and primer it ready for paint for $750 + parts. Does this sound about normal to you? I've seen this guys work, he's had at least one car that I know of featured in an auto magazine so far, so I know that the work will be professional and first rate. But the wife is yelling at me that we can get Juan on the south side to do the whole car done for $750. The only thing there is, I don't know what the car will look like when they get done with it. What do you guys think? Thanks for all the help

:banghead:

Dude, I did this to my drivers rear on the duster last weekend right here at the house. I prefer to do all my own work to keep from paying other people money I can spend elsewhere.

If you want to learn how and save a whole lot of money, you need to call me, and then you need to come by and look at mine to check out the quality.

where i am at, that is a deal. at $75/hour, that is only 10 hours of labor in a shop. my shop charges by the hour as well, and at $85/hour, i am the average price out this way. check out 340 dart's work, it may save you some money.

for all the work that is intailed in that, Id definately take it to someone you know can get it right the first time, so If you have seen his work and its that good, Id jump on that deal, seems fairly cheap for the work that takes!

Yep ! 750 is a good price for good work. Don't let anyone paint your car for 750.00
next year you will be unhappy with it and will have to do it again.

-
Back