What does AAQA mean

-

Zellersracin

Reaction score
I just bought a 1964 413 RB and the block has AAQA embossed in the block to the right of the water pump and it also has AAQA stamped on the heads I've never seen this on any other mopar blocks before I'm wondering what it means any help would be nice

They are foundry marks, but i don't think anyone knows if they have any meaning, and or, what they might stand for. :dontknow:

If its in a freeze plug, thats a warranty stamp, or a rebuilders mark. If its on the head and the block, I bet its some sort of mark at the end of the motors assembly. Educated guess.....

If its in a freeze plug, thats a warranty stamp, or a rebuilders mark. If its on the head and the block, I bet its some sort of mark at the end of the motors assembly. Educated guess.....

It looks like this and it is a foundry mark as said above. Lots of theories out there but no documented information that I have seen.

Attachments

• hggfr.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 694
for what its worth that same AAQA is cast into the front of my -73 340 block aswell as my -68 block can be seen in this pic behind the timingchain.

I think that is found on the heads too

It's only a foundry mark...BUT, you might have hit the jackpot with that thing. One of the ways to visually identify a 413 or 426 Max Wedge block, is that AAQA cast into it. Regular passenger car blocks didn't have it. Someone doing a resto on one of those things would be all over that block.

Whitepunkonnitro than I guess I bacially stole the motor because I only paid $300 for it and it came with a tourqueflite with a shift kit in it

I'm not saying that it is an actual Max block...might be, might not be..BUT, it has the mark those guys are looking for. I'd toss it on Ebay and see what happens.

It's only a foundry mark...BUT, you might have hit the jackpot with that thing. One of the ways to visually identify a 413 or 426 Max Wedge block, is that AAQA cast into it. Regular passenger car blocks didn't have it. Someone doing a resto on one of those things would be all over that block.

When I was researching AAQA, I found that it was on all different blocks and some of them was from the 1970s. No rhyme or reason that has been documented.

When I was researching AAQA, I found that it was on all different blocks and some of them was from the 1970s. No rhyme or reason that has been documented.

Yup, I agree. I've seen it on Poly's and 340's and motor home 440's...and I don't think it signifies anything special other than where it was cast. What I am saying, is that all 413 and 426 Max Wedge blocks also had it, where regular passenger car 413's and 426's did not.

Rumor has it the AAQA stands for a higher nickel content in the casting.

Bingo...I had completely forgotten about that! I had a 1974 cast D5 Hemi block...also known as the "Fuel" block that I used in my Altered, and it had the AAQA cast in the same place as that 413. It was a super high nickel casting. When it was fresh cleaned and machined it actually had a goldish tinge to the metal. I had never seen that before.

Rumor has it the AAQA stands for a higher nickel content in the casting.

Not sure about that. Possible, but I have a 78 360 out of a wagon and a 98 mag 360 w the AAQA under the timing cover. Pretty sure 78 and the mag are not high nickel blocks.

Not sure about that. Possible, but I have a 78 360 out of a wagon and a 98 mag 360 w the AAQA under the timing cover. Pretty sure 78 and the mag are not high nickel blocks.

Well, that's what the rumor says. Not ALL blocks are, supposedly the ones with that AAQA are.

I dunno, that's what I have read over the years.

Well, that's what the rumor says. Not ALL blocks are, supposedly the ones with that AAQA are.

I dunno, that's what I have read over the years.
Be cool if that is true. I really have no idea myself. Maybe I have high nickel blocks and just never realized it.

-
Back