What et do you think she will run

-

Duster Drag Car

Reaction score
going to my first test and tune saturday at lebanon valley dragway in n.y. 73 duster fiberglass hood and bumper, lexan front and back, sides are glass, fenderwells gutted, doors gutted ,trunk gutted, sheet metal dash one racing seat,tubed, ss springs relocated inwards with 2 inch spacer blocks,8 3/4 with a spool 4.30 gears fresh,29.5 x11.5 x 15 slicks on there final passes. Beefed up 727 rev manual fresh,rebuilt 9.5 converter only around 2800 -- 3000 stall wanted 3800, sub frame connectors ,dual batteries in trunk, 5 gallon fuel cell, adjustable drag shocks, factory front dics new pads and calipers rear drums new pads. Need wilwood front discs with driied rotors maybe this winter. Power plant is a fresh 68 440 30 over factory forged crank, eagle 4340 h beam rods je pistons flat top 2 valve release , three bolt comp solid lifter cam 587 609 lift with the 1.6 rocker arms, pro comp aluminum heads basic porting and matching coustom lenghth push rods, edelbrock victor intake with a 2 inch spacer, holley 850 power valves pluged 76 jets 37 squiter nozzles. Hooker fenderwell headers, 600 plus hp car should weight under 3000 lbs. Seems to run real strong week points are stall speed, old sicks and the brakes will only hold her back to 3000 rpms before she pushes going to be interesting first day with new combo i only have about a dozen passes under my belt in a couple different cars this should be the fastest to date. Any estimates on my et and mph?

Tons of potential in that car. Once you get your combo sorted out it's gonna be a blast. As far as a guess, i'll go low 11's, just because it's the first time out. Mph should be up there though, 125+ range. One suggestion i would make is to bring some larger jets with you. I have a feeling with that combo "76's" and the PV blocked you may end up a bit lean, but only testing will tell for sure. Good luck, be safe and have fun.

If it really does make 600+ HP you will probably be in the 10.2-10.1 range.....but my guess is 11.1-10.9.

11.30 spinning off the line.Need new slicks to hook.
new slicks are in the works for mopar day had to be ordered i think the ones i have got enough life left for test and tune this is a process shooting for low 10s in the future may take new slicks ,converter change, carb change, wilwwod dics brakes maybe even a trans brake and a dana with a four link takes time i dont have sponsors and im not a millioniere. Lucky to have got this far in a year dumped a lot of coin into this thing.

My car is around 600 hp and has gone 10.24, i think it will go at least 10.0-1, when i update the antiquated fuel system. Yours is very similar to mine, except i have a 5000 converter, my JE pistons are domes and I have MCH RPM'S milled to 76 cc and a .590 mopar cam. Your car has less converter, less comp, slightly larger cam, i dont know much about the pro comps, i assume they're a chinese knock off, of the rpm, or indy. I think 11.3 at 121 first time out.
good luck
Mick

-
Back