What Features Do You Want To See on Future Cars?

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
MSN.com started a poll with this title earlier today. I'm not going to start a poll here because I'm sure what the overwhelming favorite vote would be.
Anyway, here's the current results with 31,062 votes cast so far:
  • 15% Cars that drive themselves
  • 27% Hydrogen-powered cars
  • 4% Web-connected cars
  • 11% Flying cars
  • 23% None of the above; give me more muscle cars!
  • 20% Something else
As you can see, our mindset isn't too far away from leading this poll.

I agree.I find it ironic we have added ABS brakes,improved suspension/active suspension designs.Bigger diameter wheels,lower profile tires.And we make up for it with telecommunications that distracts the driver.

i think the hydrogen should be number one! its a great system once they get all the bugs fixed...

number two should also be drive them selves... that way all these stupid people can do 75 in a 45 and pass two cars in a turn lane (that was today BTW)

They have a window tint that kills cell phone signals, but the passenger's would be dead too. How about a thermocoupled cup holder, hot and cold settings? How about a horizontal 200 lb flywheel in the trunk that gets clutched when you put your foot on the brakes so it spins up while you are slowing down. Then you could use the 3000 RPM spinning flywheel's clutch to lay a nice broadie in your green ride. How about a cupholder that holds a double gulp?

There was a dude on Art Bell reruns one night (hey, late driving gets boring) that stated that the FAA has already plotted "lanes" for flying cars between points in some metropolis and set aside a frequency for navigation. you wouldnt fly these cars, you would put your destination into the computer and it would navigate to that point with the help of an automated "control tower" server that kept track of all traffic to avoid collisions. yeah, just like the Jetsons...

MSN.com started a poll with this title earlier today. I'm not going to start a poll here because I'm sure what the overwhelming favorite vote would be.
Anyway, here's the current results with 31,062 votes cast so far:
  • 15% Cars that drive themselves
  • 27% Hydrogen-powered cars
  • 4% Web-connected cars
  • 11% Flying cars
  • 23% None of the above; give me more muscle cars!
  • 20% Something else
As you can see, our mindset isn't too far away from leading this poll.
I like the "None of the above; give me more muscle cars!"

Just today I saw a pickup truck pull a U-turn across some LA "subway" tracks against a red light and a TRAIN signal! The train missed him by about 2 seconds. the commuter electric train runs right down the center of the street so it has lights/signals just like we do (but he catches most of the green ones, wonder why) but the dude was freaking lucky because I dont think he even saw the train.

Hydrogen powered muscle cars. That's something I want.

There was a dude on Art Bell reruns one night (hey, late driving gets boring) that stated that the FAA has already plotted "lanes" for flying cars between points in some metropolis and set aside a frequency for navigation. you wouldnt fly these cars, you would put your destination into the computer and it would navigate to that point with the help of an automated "control tower" server that kept track of all traffic to avoid collisions. yeah, just like the Jetsons...

i have listened to Coast to Coast since i was like 8 lol... george isn't anything compared to art... dreamland, coast to coast, great shows...

i drive 40 year old cars anyway, so im not used to any creature comforts or great gas mileage. my gf has a 2010 pontiac G6 GT and she loves the thing, and honestly, im not impressed by anything about it other than the gas mileage it gets.but i would like to see fiat build a 2 door 426 hemi redline charger R/T lol

How about a traffic light turner that can override the traffic light when it is red for a long period of time when there is no traffic at the intersection.

Only 15% want cars that drive themselves, yet the auto makers are moving towards this VERY fast. Get the computer "brain" out of my freakin' car!!

Take out the "black boxes" which can be used against their owners...

Take out the touch screen displays which distract drivers from the road. Bring back analog controls for the radio, HVAC, etc.

The new Ford Explorer has three display screens, two "joysticks" and a touch screen. People are paying more attention to their in dash computer systems than to the freakin' road. Want to play while you drive?? Hire a chauffeur!

Heads up display (HUD) with at least vehicle speed. Got it on 2002 Grand Prix and love it. Changes between MPH and Km/Hr with the push of a switch.

I also think that cars that can parallel park themselves is a fabulous idea. Anyone that buys one of these cars because they, for whatever reason, can't parallel park a vehicle on their own should have their drivers license confiscated because ask yourself WHAT THE HELL ELSE CAN'T THEY DO BEHIND THE WHEEL OF THAT CAR???? IMO anyway.

I disagree with the cars who drive themselves. Then who do you get to scream at for the dumbass move? It would take all the fun out of road rage.

Only 15% want cars that drive themselves, yet the auto makers are moving towards this VERY fast. Get the computer "brain" out of my freakin' car!!

Take out the "black boxes" which can be used against their owners...

Take out the touch screen displays which distract drivers from the road. Bring back analog controls for the radio, HVAC, etc.

The new Ford Explorer has three display screens, two "joysticks" and a touch screen. People are paying more attention to their in dash computer systems than to the freakin' road. Want to play while you drive?? Hire a chauffeur!

:sign3: !!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyuKEK7wmsw"]MagnaVolt - YouTube[/ame]

Honestly muscle cars would be the way to go...simple supply and demand. We demand muscle cars..they supply the gas lol

I need to buy another vehicle and cannot find ANYTHING that makes me want to get off my wallet. I say more power, lews weight, no computers except bare minimum.

How about a cheaper / VIN numbered Drag Pack Challenger? I would buy one of those if it had a VIN and cost $40K.

-
Back