what fuel pump?

-

Dave Goetz

Reaction score
I just finished my 340 stroker now 525hp with 465 ft lbs of torque running custom built holley 750 double pumper.All my buddy are using mallory 140 gph on there cars with as much engine are more .Then I have a friend that says I need 200 plus gph fuel pump is this over kill? 1968 Plymouth barracuda formula fastback should run low 11s.

THANKS!!

With the Mallory 140 and a 3/8" line I wouldn't worry a bit. Lots of really fast cars got by with Holley blue pumps, and I like that Mallory pump much better.

With the Mallory 140 and a 3/8" line I wouldn't worry a bit. Lots of really fast cars got by with Holley blue pumps, and I like that Mallory pump much better.
Nice choice. A Holley black is in that wheel house too.

I run a magnafuel pump. Love the built in return and they last... If you run the Holley pump put a return in... It will make you happy for a long time. They tend to overheat when no return line is installed and shortens their life.

I have run a Holley Blue pump for years with a 3/8 line. I switched to a Holley Black pump last year...it runs exactly the same. This is on my Barracuda that runs high 10's. The 140 pump will be just fine; you don't need a 200gph pump.

I prefer the Clay Smith mechanical. No electrical draw. My car runs 10.5's with this setup. I have a friend who has been in the 8's with a rat motored digger on alcohol with CS pump. JMO Jim

-
Back