what gasket cement to use?

-

Rapid Robert

Reaction score
I have a device that has a mini bolt (1.6mm) that will be adjusted several times through a steel plate with threads showing on each side of the plate & is subject to a fair amount of vibration & I will need to adjust it several times. I have edelbrock gasgacinch, permatex high tack, multipurpose thread sealant & some generic gasket shellac in a small brown bottle. would any of these suffice or I can get something else if need be. thank you for your time. RR

Why does it need a sealer, is this a wet environment oil gas?

OK so with this I will be able to adjust it several times & it will hold tight each time & not need a reapplication of the thread locker?

Ok Robert, I just gotta know what yur inventing this time! lol.
I'm a thinking that you did what I did, drilled a hole on the end of the driveshaft and eliminated that stinking horseshoe clip?

LOL, if it works it will let me adj the amt of adv from outside the dist (plus a hole drilled in side of housing then plugged with a snap in plug). maybe just needed one screw but I was on a roll. I'll see if it holds up.

SAM_1294.JPG

No pics, sorry, I have no camera. But if you can figure out what you did there, then drilling the driveshaft is nothing lol.

I had thought of doing what you did, but didn't think it would survive long, so instead I just welded up a couple of cams, one each of 20*, and 22*, and I had a few factory ones besides.
Swapping cams only takes a few minutes with the screw up the middle, and I only did it a couple of times, cuz I figured one of the two would be right.

Best of luck with that.

-
Back