What happened to Plymouth Dealers in 2001?

-

dibbons

Reaction score
I want to know which dealer is dealer code 9044, which is on my '65 Formula S glove compartment warranty card (I purchased the car in the Sacramento, California area).

When Plymouth production ended, did Plymouth dealers close shop or change their name to sell Dodge? Thank you.

They became Chrysler dealers.

09044 was:
Vandenberg Motors, Inc
1125 Alhambra Blvd
Sacramento, Ca. 95816
Dealership from 1958-1988
It was Boyd Motors from 1936-????
You may want to do a check on the address. I was just given the dealership name and city. Maybe check old newspapers from that period at the library. They usually have access to that info.

Seems to be a Rite aid now. They must have finally gotten the contamination cleared up

“The underlying litigation involves damage to a parcel of land that Vandenberg 3 used as an automobile sales and service facility.   Before 1958, owners Eugene and Kathryn Boyd 4 operated an automobile dealership on the property.   From 1958 to 1988, Vandenberg leased the property from Boyd under a series of leases.   In 1988 Vandenberg discontinued the business and possession of the land reverted to Boyd.

To prepare the property for sale, Boyd removed three underground waste oil storage tanks.   Testing revealed contamination of soils and groundwater underlying the property.   Boyd filed an action against Vandenberg, alleging causes of action for breach of contract, breach of the covenant of good faith and fair dealing, public and private nuisance, negligence, waste, trespass, strict liability, equitable indemnity, declaratory relief, and injunctive relief.   The Boyd complaint alleged Vandenberg had installed and operated the waste oil storage tanks and the tanks were the source of the petroleum contamination.”

-
Back