What has to be done to get 9" wheels on a Dart?

-

jrlegacy23

68 Barracuda
Reaction score
I have a set of 9" wide 17" wheels and was wondering what needed to be done to get a set of 9" wide wheels on a 72 Dodge Dart? Just a spring offset kit with a minitub, or do I need to move the leafs to under the frame?

I think alot depends on backspacing. lots of guys running 17x8 mustang rims with 5.72" BS. usually these will require a spacer so the tires won't come in contact with the springs in stock location. If you use a B-body rear end you wouldn't need spacers.
I have a B-body rear in my Valiant with 17x8 cobra rims and I'm looking at about an inch of clearance on both sides meaning I could go with 9" rims if they're backspaced properly. later mustangs with 5.94" BS might work, 6.25" would be about perfect.

good thread here:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=58491

These are different than the mustang wheels. I have not tubbed hte car yet and a friend offered a good deal on 17x9 rims. I am having the rear cut to what I need. I am just wondering if I have to do a spring relocation, or just an leaf spring offset kit?

I think an spring relo kit will give you the required room, the rest is just math to determine the housing width that will work with your existing rims.

-
Back