What have I gotten myself into?

-
That's bottomed out though Cody so figure I have to raise it 3" for ride height

i know. i like um low wit the rite stance. that black f100 long bed rides bout 2inches off the ground. u know its bad *** when your running on the interstate and thr state police pulls along side ya and gives u a thumbs up

this grasshopper been jumping since i was told we gona redesign the k member!!!

IMAG0207.jpg

Slammed

That is ridiculous!

(I like it.)
(I do think you need to find more places to remove metal.)

2010-09-28172307.jpg

2010-09-28172238.jpg

Been staring at these pictures to figure out how high I can lift this engine. I am looking at the angle on the engine and if I level it out and raise it I may stay under the stock hood.

It's got me rethinking my rear tubs a bit. Might do a full tub with a raised opening so I can tuck more in the rear with a c notch in the rear frame rails.

Here's a couple shots of me confusing myself over all this.

The first is a 325/50/15 (was considering this before going for pro-touring, and wanted to see what the limits are for a tubbed space). It shows what I believe to be the lower limit allowing 3 1/2" of suspension travel.

The second one is a 245/45/18 (I'm planning a 285/40/18 ) also at the lowering limit.

The third is the 325 crammed in there. It's close to the upper tub and would require mod of the outer well which interferes well before the 1/4 panel lip.

Attachments

• tire testing 325.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 602
  • tire testing 245 45 18.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 614
  • tire testing 325 crammed.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 620
That is what led me to the 285/40/20 was clearance to the outer.

tireouter.jpg

Tucked up and touching the wheel tub outer.

tireinner.jpg

centerline your rack 2.5" under your frame rail....that will tell you how high the front needs to be.

My calculations for backspace using a 10" wheel 285/40/18 led me to 6.7" to keep about 3/4" from the outer well. I guess I'm off by about 0.7" since 6" is working for you and you are almost 2" taller. It's iffy trying to measure with the wheels loose.

One cool thing about the 285/40/18 - these are under $100! (plus 30 for shipping). I won't mind making some smoke :)

http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop....6&ranzahl=4&nichtweiter=1&pk_campaign=froogle

(this is with a 56.5" disc to disc diff)
(I guess my car could also be narrower)

My calculations for backspace using a 10" wheel 285/40/18 led me to 6.7" to keep about 3/4" from the outer well. I guess I'm off by about 0.7" since 6" is working for you and you are almost 2" taller. It's iffy trying to measure with the wheels loose.

One cool thing about the 285/40/18 - these are under $100! (plus 30 for shipping). I won't mind making some smoke :)

http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop....6&ranzahl=4&nichtweiter=1&pk_campaign=froogle
Been trying to find tires for mine that are and decent so far $180 each is the least expensive right now.

That's my priority tomorrow. Will that be at ride height?

doesn't matter....that's where the rack sits in the engine bay... the Hemi goes on top of it it...(leave some clearance)......... doesn't matter if your on the ground or in the air

are you with me on this?

I decided to shorten the 8.8 enough to allow nice deep wheels. Dutchman does it for a fair price and they've moved from Portland to Idaho.:cheers:

Hoping to get the wheel backspace nailed down so I can order them and use the wheel/tire combo to measure more carefully before chopping the diff.

Denny I just remembered that the intake wasn't sitting on the engine correctly in those pictures because that was with the truck timing cover so the front of the intake was at least 2" to high.

sorry bout that.....just wanted to make sure we're on the same page and I wasn't a couple behind ya
At first I thought you were referring to rack height in relation to spindle height at full compression to see if limited my ability to tuck.

in the front end puzzle ....the rack placement is EVERYTHING....all components work (some separately) from its location.

by removing your firewall and giving unlimited room to RAISE the driveline, it allows the rack to be placed higher....while letting your car hang lower

-
Back