What Heads?!

-

68fishbowl

Young Gun
Reaction score
I figure since my comp is so high already (11.5:1) to go all out on the engine and just run it on alcohol. I want to get rid of my iron heads, and upgrade to some aluminum heads. What would be the best for my 440? Here is some info on my build. I am running JE dome top pistons, Eagle connecting rods, and a Mopar Performance cam. The specs on the cam are 292/ 292, Lift .509/ .509. Adjustable roller rockers, and a 2700 stall.

Im not a big alcohol person but running it has some engine eating issues. plus i think you comp is to low to use it. What heads do you have on the combo now? If you piston domes are to tall for a lower cc head they may require fly cut even with that small lift cam. What is the cc and what is the part number on the pistons. Remember big/ high flow heads like big cams and big cubes. I would stay with gas and reserch what heads will work well with your cam if your not going to change it. 440ies have a thresh hold around 575/600HP where you will need to open your wallet big time to get all the parts to work right and hold together.

Most good heads will not work with the piston... What is tha part number of them? They may need to be modified to fit in a closed chamber and to work with angled plugs... The Stage VI heads are junk out of the box... 440 Source Stealths might work as they are straight plug... Same with the "452" MP/Edelbrocks. What is your elevation? Do you ever bring the car to sea level?

-
Back