What I learned in school today!!!!!

-

shiifty_dart

Reaction score
well Ive been in school for about 5 weeks now and today I learned how to figure the weight of an object. so I figured I would share that with anyone who wants the info. If you want to figure out what your car weighs you need to put chalk on the tire with the car in the air then let the car down slowly on to a sheet of paper. Next jack the car up and remove paper now measure the footprint on the paper in length and width now multiply those and thats your square inch area. Now take the pressure in your tires and multiply those two together and that gives you the weight on that tire. the actual formuls goes stress=load/area

so to find load on the tire multiply area by stress

pretty simple just thought Id share.

thanks shiifty

Shiffty, tell the lady hi for me. What kind of school are you going to? That's interesting to say the least. Did the instructor confirm that info with a scale after the math process? Be interesting to know the out come. Will you be going to Indy?
Small Block

This would be some great info for dirt and circle track racing :coffee2:
Thank you for sharing this with us and I will spread the news to my son.
But I think I will tell him this is the way we set our cars up back in the day with out using scales :D:D
cool info for sure :hello2: are you going to Monster Mopar ? :glasses7:

we are going to try to make it sat or sunday well see, and he did confirm that it is correct but if you want a real accurate number you have to calculate each tread block then figure add it all up but it will get you in a close ball park. I have an elevator in my back yard but this can be done anywhere with just a 11 dollar calculator which helps dial in weight distrubtion. smallblock I am going to school to be a cnc machine repair man all company paid I am just about done with my metalrollgy class. we just got done with metrollgy, machining , cnc programming , blueprints and geometric deminsioning and tolerancing. It has been a fun time we go back to the plant friday and start our 2 year training program.
thanks shiifty

-
Back