What is a bare 340 block worth?

-

71dusterdan

Reaction score
I just landed a complete 5.9 and OD trans for my Duster. So now I do not need my 340. The block has been hot tanked and mag'd, will need a .030bore, what is it worth to sell?

what is VIN on block? if you find car owner who needs reuniting with motor - worth more to someone. I am looking for 2 blocks
H2R333306 and H2R333308

What model year is it stamped for?

What is the casting date?

Sounds like it's currently standard bore?

Go to forums...Mopar lost and found......post your block info there, i too am looking for a 340 block! 9B432942

I have 4or 5 of those. At 4 Im keeping them. At 7each I might sell them as a set, not individually. Ive had them since the mid/early 70s. I might be outta line, but theyre not taking up space I need, and Im not hungry,yet. Maybe next year.Lost and found, eh...

I have 4or 5 of those. At 4 Im keeping them. At 7each I might sell them as a set, not individually. Ive had them since the mid/early 70s. I might be outta line, but theyre not taking up space I need, and Im not hungry,yet. Maybe next year.Lost and found, eh...

Why out of line?They are yours,do with them as you see fit!Im sure that the"price police"have a different opinion.But it certainly would be easy to knock another guys price when you have no parts of your own!I havnt seen a new casting of 340's in years

Keep in mind that many people will buy a cheaper 360 than a more expensive 340 as you can build them to get close to the same amount of power....

I'd say if it's std bore, cleaned, and verified not cracked it's all of $500.

Exactly as stated. It's always a balance between how much a potential buyer will pay, and how much you want and how long each is willing to wait for a possible better price.

There are things that IMO only add value in narrow circumstances. These are engines with too many unknowns, especially bought unseen in person. This true whether it is a block, or a built engine. I think the OP has done the right thing by cleaning and checking the block.

A local buyer will always be best, both for getting to see it in person and also because shipping costs will be mentally added by most buyers. But if there are no local buyers, then it might be worth lower costs and broadcasting nationally. Of course to find a person wanting a matching engine to a car, the above is basically reversed.

Thank you for the input gentlemen. Much appreciated. Tonight I will go home and get all the casting numbers and vin and list the block. Thanks again.

-
Back