What is a correct air cleaner for a 340?

-

Dfnsmn34

Margarita Mike
Reaction score
Aloha! My question is what is the correct air cleaner for a 1971 Plymouth duster? Or a 72 340 Duster?

There are several styles. With one snorkel, two snorkel, no snorkel, Silenced, unsilenced, ram air...This is my set up. I have an original slant 6 car 1971, that has been recreated to be a 72 340 functioning snorkel hood Lemon twist and black with stripes. I say 72 because the snorkel hood was not offered in 71.
I have a chrome 14" with the 340 4 barrel pie tin on top...but I think I like the look of the wrinkle finshed air cleaners...even the orange signal or dual snorkel cleaners. If I am going to shell out the DUCKIES, then I want to get the period correct cleaner.

Mahalo to FABO and all the awesome people on these forums...I've learned alot and appreciate your time and responses!!!:cheers:

Mahalo, Mike

a 72 should have the orange with one snorkle and a vac. operated trap door on the bottom.. 71 either had that too or the one with two openings but no snorkles..

i like this one best.. have it on my 71 dart. is it correct i don't know.. but its the one i liked so i put it on...

DSC09924.jpg

Here is a 1970-71 and a 1972 one...the 70-71 doesn't have any snorkles, just 2 oval openings, all were originally wrinkle finish black and only came on 340's, also had a "340" pie-pan callout. The 1972 had 1 snorkle and a vacumn door. All were orange and had a "340" sticker on the lid. Keith.

DSC00754.jpg

3ff8_1.jpg

Here is a 1970-71 and a 1972 one...the 70-71 doesn't have any snorkles, just 2 oval openings, all were originally wrinkle finish black and only came on 340's, also had a "340" pie-pan callout. The 1972 had 1 snorkle and a vacumn door. All were orange and had a "340" sticker on the lid. Keith.

I thank you all for the pictures. The ones without the snorkel are the ones I really like...now if I can find one that won't cost me an arm and a leg! Any one sellin'?

ALOHA:cheers:

-
Back