What is different about '67 Dart dash pad than '68

-

duster360

Reaction score
Just noticed on 64dart170's post it was mentioned that the '67 Dart dash pad is different than the '68 and up. Just great another oddball part to deal with, my Dart is a '67. What is different about the dash pad? Looks, shape, fittment?

The 67 has a step down along the front, giving it an extra contour than the 68-up which is smooth

Grant

Just noticed on 64dart170's post it was mentioned that the '67 Dart dash pad is different than the '68 and up. Just great another oddball part to deal with, my Dart is a '67. What is different about the dash pad? Looks, shape, fittment?

Hey duster 360!
Yeah just check the thread closly. Only difference is rest is flat top. The 67 has what I referr to as "duck tail" swoop in the top! HAHA!!
You can lay pens, pencils, keys, flashlight, all kinds of junk in the "ditch" on top of the dash! Just think of how much all that junk tore the pad up! LOL!!

Gonna be a real pain in the Kahooster to pull that foe osterage vinyl around the front corners! Good thing it's sunny!8)

The 67's had a strange back edge construction too, it fits flatter and is way more prone to sun baked breakage!!!
All of the different pads 67> use same mounting though. I took BOF's flat one and put in Fern our 75 dart. Just now getting around to rebuilding the original 67! :read2:
Next set of pics I post on thread tonight I will point out for ya! (but won't mention any names to protect the innocent!):toothy10: LOL!!!

Well, got alot to do and short nuff time to get there!!!
Have a great day D360!!:cheers:

Thanks fellas. I thought I had one of those 1 year only dashes or something. Wheew, close one. The front end rebuild is bad enough, has a few special parts on it.

it is 4 sale

000_0897.JPG

The 1968 A Body Dash Pads are one year only too.
They are molded at the ends to fit to the '68 only Lower Dash Pad.
Other than that pretty much 1969-1976 are the same.

Also... Sorry to break this news to you: The 1967 IS a 1 year only Dash Pad.
However you CAN bolt a 69-76 Dash Pad on to it.

Later,
Bruce B.

Thanks fellas. I thought I had one of those 1 year only dashes or something. Wheew, close one. The front end rebuild is bad enough, has a few special parts on it.

If you have a 67 Dart, then you DO have a one year only dash pad. The other dashes will bolt on, but won't be correct. Personally, I didn't care and bought the incorrect dash pad.

You do!

See the indentation??8) 67 only baby!!:cheers:

Still trying to find the pic where I had them laying side by side. It's on our restore thread, but I went through a computer change sense then. If I come up with it, I'll post for ya!8)

11.jpg

12.jpg

45.jpg

I wil probably have to get the later pad, because I am sure it will be about impossible to find a good 67 dash pad.

-
Back