What is it worth?

-

mcgeesjlm73

Reaction score
1966 Dodge Dart Convertible GT
Looking at a 1966 Dodge dart Convertible GT.
The guy says it has no rust issues runs and drive able.
\6 car automatic.
Has seats redone and new top and new mags.

Said he would take $2900.00

Is it worth that?

IMG_0165.JPG

IMG_0166.JPG

IMG_0167.JPG

I agree, roadworthy, no rot, new top, interior, decent wheels...tell you what, give me the contact info and I'll buy it and you can buy my 2 projects....the pictures, however, are of a 63 or 64 and not a 66....if it's titled as a 66 maybe there was something funny done with the title or VIN...

Car pictured is a 64. And yes, any rust free A-body convertible is worth that.

Go get it! Of course, check it out thoroughly and if it passes inspection you can always try and negotiate a little.

That's new top? Yikes! It doesn't fit too well. Regardless, if it's solid and the convertible only parts are good, it's worth the money. If it was a '66 Valiant Convertible, I'd be bidding against you! :)
Thanks, Mark

That is a very cool car. I think it's worth that just make sure it has a good title, check the vin on the car itself, it should be for a '64 Dart GT.
The top installation hasn't been finished so have him finish it and you'd be good to go.

Sounds like a good price. The wheels alone look worth $500. Pull up the front carpets and check the floor pans. Rust thru is common even in sedans, even on the West Coast. You can replace pans, but requires welding and time. A convertible in TN woud have to have been garaged to avoid significant rust. The inner rear fenders are a very common rust thru

I am no expert, but that looks almost exactly like the 1964 Dart GT Vert 4 speed 8 cylinder runner I just bought last Friday in only mine is black . . . working on it now . . . you talk about fun to drive! The one you are looking at is the slant 6 cylinder--If it does not need an immediate engine rebuild and you have time to do your own wrenching, that is a decent price at least in my experience of buying one car (I recommend getting advice from someone more experienced than me!) There is also an entire /6 community out there dedicated to celebrating that engine . . . Hope it works out for you!

Well where's mcgees' at??? Did you buy it or do you want to pass it on???

You might be interested that in the early A bodies, you can swap in a V-8 much easier than in later models, since it uses the existing cross-member. I don't recommend since the six is fine, especially in a convertible where it is all about cruising and you don't want to go fast, roll, and face decapitation. Once you get into www.slantsix.org, you will come to love the six, especially once you fix its crappy carburetor. Also, with gas prices sure to rise, who can afford to run a V-8? However, a future option.

If you ever do swap, change the engine, transmission, and driveshaft together and use a 68+ version (318, 340, 360). This is because the older cable-shift trannys are rare and their ball & trunnion driveshafts hard to find/repair. You would need V-8 motor mount brackets, which are harder to find. I recall you must also shorten the driveshaft, but that is easy. Also, swap to front disk brakes, which is actually easier & cheaper with your 9" drum spindles.

I would buy it and then sell the ugly rims :snakeman:

Looks like a good deal to me!

OP asked "what it is worth?" He can buy it for $2900, but what is it worth?

-
Back