What is the fix for a Holley street avenger if the fuel

-

jerry6

Banned
Reaction score
is leaking out the bowls over a day or 2 of sitting / Used to be able to park the car a few days and hit the pedal twice it would start right up , now has to crank a bit, seems it needs to get fuel to the bowls then it starts . Is it an easy fix if fuel is leaking out the bowls ?
Thanks

today’s gas evaporates very fast...the gas is formulated for fuel injection...not carburated engines...

do you see a puddle of gas forming on the intake...if it leak while it sits it is going to be leaking while it is running too...

Simple fix. Just use 102 octane leaded race fuel like the car was designed for. Only about $14.00 a gallon.

Electric fuel pump is the true cure, imo. Turn the key to on and it fills the bowls before you hit the starter a second or two later. Big fan since I switched to one on my street car.

Electric fuel pump is the true cure, imo. Turn the key to on and it fills the bowls before you hit the starter a second or two later. Big fan since I switched to one on my street car.

yes...simple fix.....

I leave my car for a week plus, and I still have fuel in the bowls.

When you park it, place a couple of paper towels under each side of the carb under the bowls and the accel pump and you should be able to see where it is leaking, if it leaks from the gasket or a bolt area. If no leaks there then you may have to remove the carb with fuel in the bowls to and watch to see if it is leaking elsewhere.

Might be an easy way to see where the problem is.

I'll do all those checks , see if and where it is or not leaking . That or look for good old 102 leaded octane at 14.00 a gallon , not . Though I would like to do a few runs at the track with real gas !

Yes I know had one on my truck back in the 70's , but that would not fix a possible leak in the carb , just make it easier to start .

-
Back