Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Time to move!

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters
-

Mopar-Man

Big Block Better Burnout
Reaction score
How do you get rid of it? The wipers don't remove it, and the washers just add more!

Signed, puzzled in Florida.

20180106_075022.jpg

A everyday occurrence here, you never get use to it.

How do you get rid of it? The wipers don't remove it, and the washers just add more!

Signed, puzzled in Florida.

View attachment 1715127559

You need washer fluid that is rated to below zero and it will get that off with the squirters....

Otherwise you need to scrape it off with a scraper or warm the car up and hit the defrost...

You need washer fluid that is rated to below zero and it will get that off with the squirters....

Otherwise you need to scrape it off with a scraper or warm the car up and hit the defrost...

They don't sell that here!

Take your drivers license out of your wallet and scrape it off.
Then go back in the house, most southerners do not need to drive in those conditions.

Something on my windshield too.
Just gotta dig it out to see what it is.

B3AF56D0-A9D2-4A33-BDDF-799E14A2B51A.jpeg

They don't sell that here!
Get a small (16oz) bottle of rubbing alcohol and pour it into the washer reservoir with the rest of the fluid in there. It will act as an instant de-icer when it sprays on the windshield.

These work on the light frost in a pinch. And if they don't, fill 'em with beer, sit back, and wait for the thaw.
upload_2018-1-6_13-53-38.png

CD jewel cases work exceptionally well for this as well. Sort of like a frost eraser!

Lukewarm water. Which would in my experience in florida is cold water.
You havent had cold tap water unless you have been where frost goes down 6 feet.
The rubbing alcohol needs to be the high test stuff 99%.

Don't do that. The sudden thermal expansion of the glass can cause it to crack. I watched a neighbor destroy his windshield one morning by doing that.
Didn't think I would need to explain that was a joke. I guess there are those among us.

Don't use water, since its warmer then whats on your glass. It can and most likely cause it to crack. I was spraying my house off 1 summer. Wasn't that hot outside. Some of the debris got on my car, so I turned the hose onto the car. I heard the windshield crack. It was only about 100* that day.
A couple years ago Napa auto parts got fined I believe $500,000 for accidentally sending -20* washer fluid to California valley area.

This article may have some insight for some of you.

You and the Law: Looking for winter windshield washer fluid? Good luck!

Last edited:
Don't use water, since its warmer then whats on your glass. It can and most likely cause it to crack. I was spraying my house off 1 summer. Wasn't that hot outside. Some of the debris got on my car, so I turned the hose onto the car. I heard the windshield crack. It was only about 100* that day.
A couple years ago Napa auto parts got fined I believe $500,000 for accidentally sending -20* washer fluid to California valley area.

This article may have some insight for some of you.

You and the Law: Looking for winter windshield washer fluid? Good luck!
Hmmmmm, it involves a Gubment bureaucracy and Craziefornia,............is anybody surprised.........................

-
Back